PDA

View Full Version : Heat makes it all so much worse

Emmy3105
17-06-17, 18:02
Hi everyone...

Is it just me or does the heat make anxiety so much worse??? I find that now at getting warmer my anxiety is getting worse. I always associate heat with panic and I hate it

what about everyone else?? Does heat or the cold make your anxiety worse???

Catherine S
17-06-17, 19:05
It's always been the cold for me. I was always very anxious about heart palpitations and irregular heart rhythm in the past and cold weather made them worse, probably because of changes in my usual breathing pattern when outside in very cold weather. The same thing happens now but I no longer fear it. It also happens when I first get into a swiming pool if the water is cold.

The heat/panic connection could be because people tend to feel hot and sweaty when they feel a panic attack coming on, so it's a reminder of that perhaps. I'm fortunate that I can r enjoy hot days without my heart playing games.

:)

Vikingbeast
17-06-17, 21:07
Hi everyone...

Is it just me or does the heat make anxiety so much worse??? I find that now at getting warmer my anxiety is getting worse. I always associate heat with panic and I hate it

what about everyone else?? Does heat or the cold make your anxiety worse???

Thank God you don't live in Ohio in the summer! Yeah, heat sucks - I think it's because of the inevitable storms, at least in the USA.

ServerError
17-06-17, 21:11
In the UK, I think it's just a shock to the system. I see people complaining about the "heat" when it's only 20 degrees C. Admittedly it's warmer than that at the moment. Heat is draining, which makes us feel unpleasant. You can see how that could potentially upset an anxiety sufferer. As always, however, the issue is how you react to the feelings. It's not the heat itself that's the problem.

Emmy3105
18-06-17, 16:57
Well today sucked. I was stuck in traffic on the motorway for half an hour in a car that read 32 degrees and my air con was broke and there was no breeze whatsoever. I had a huge panic attack cause I had no drink with me either.

I honestly hate the heat

ServerError
18-06-17, 18:40
Are you receiving treatment for your anxiety and panic attacks?

Luna-Diana
19-06-17, 00:31
I can relate to heat/anxiety. UK based, currently can't sleep after an anxiety ridden day due to the pain of sunburn!

I think sometimes I can associate being too hot with fainting ( HA topic I have had issues with but working through) and cold air as a help/relief from it. Just depends on the situation