PDA

View Full Version : prozac

KLK1107
09-05-07, 22:13
I have just started taking Prozac for my panic disorder, which I had been on before, but had been trying to get off of it and everytime I go off of it, I relapse 3 months later... now that I am back on it I am finding that I am never hungry and always feel yucky... now I can't remember if I felt like this the other two times I was on it which is why I am asking if anyone else has experienced this... I know losing weight is a side effect, but I actually will wake up and not eat until like 9:00 at night and even then im not hungry and it's horrible... and I forgot to mention that I am an emetophobe, so everytime I feel yucky I panic because I am afraid of throwing up... any sigguestions?

nomorepanic
09-05-07, 22:33
I was the opposite and put weight on.

I think it makes us all feel different

ruthb1
12-05-07, 13:18
hi,

i was exactly the same when i first started prozac,
i was not hungry at all and i started loosing weight, i also started having the weirdest dreams and couldnt sleep for more than 5 hours a night. this passed after about 1 month. just mention it to your doctor the next time you go and i am sure they will keep an eye on your weight

take care

ruth

KLK1107
12-05-07, 18:28
thanks so much for your responses!... I am actually beginning to somewhat get my appetite back, but my anxiety level has skyrocketed... I am anxious/nervous all day everyday... sometimes it turns into a panic attack, sometimes not... I am pretty sure this is a side effect, but how long will it last? I mean I don't like the panic attacks every morning and the prozac definately is helping a tiny bit (since it hasn't reached it's peak yet), but I don't think I like the nervous feeling all day everyday either...

I called my doctor(who in all honesty isn't that great of a doctor, my fiance really doesn't trust him) and he wants to see me on Monday to discuss how anxious I am and talk about switching meds... now my fiance says that when I went on prozac before that I was anxious like this at first and I guess he would remember better than anyone... but i'm still worried about it... anyone else get that side effect? If so what did you do?