PDA

View Full Version : Need some motivation - reassurance seeking.

Scotttt
18-06-17, 02:30
Ive been making progress on my anxiety related to twitches.

I am currently fighting the urge to make a neurologist appointment. I don't want to give into my anxiety an expensive appointment. I have spoken to my GP twice about the twitches and she reassured me that they were anxiety/stress or even just a normal thing.

Ive a super fine twitch in my bicep all day. which is a new area for me. I can barely feel it, but I can see it.When I started focusing on it I started twitching all over. For some reason any new or different twitch (Ive had about 100 different types of twitches at this point) increases my anxiety.

I'm no where close to where I used to be, but I still find myself seeking reassurance.

I guess I need more help with not seeking reassurance than I do with the twitches. I am in-between therapist right now, So I am on my own for this haha

Any and all help will be appreciated.

Josh1234
18-06-17, 04:02
You're right. You are armed with all the facts. You know you're fine. It's the OCD you need to work on. More or less you need to cut the head off the snake. Accept your twitching, stop giving credence to it and making it important. It's not.

Scotttt
18-06-17, 15:57
Thank I appreciate it.

Im trying to just ignore all twitches today and accept that they are meaningless.

I guess yesterday I remembered reading where that fine twitches could be a bad news.

But the general consensus seems to be that a twitch is a twitch no matter what it is like if it doesn't have accompanying symptoms.

Josh1234
18-06-17, 16:50
Post the study that says fine twitches are bad news, please.

Scotttt
18-06-17, 17:35
It wasn't a study. I just read that MND twitches are often noticed by other people and not the person who has them. I assume that meant they were small and fine.

I like what you said, don't make your twitches important because they are not.

Im going to try that.

Thanks for all the help. You're always a big help when I'm being irrational.

snowghost57
18-06-17, 19:49
When I'm really, really stressed out my eye will twitch. Drives me bats. Just thankful its only happened a few times. I find getting outside in the sunshine and working with my flowers and herbs really help me with anxiety and helps me sleep better.