PDA

View Full Version : Mouth cut/ulcer?

purplewitch
18-06-17, 08:42
Recently I've been worried about an antibiotic I was prescribed called Bactrim,a sulfa drug,in which I had a burning/itching feeling on,so I took myself off of it,and the doctor said to stop taking it (was supposed to be taking it for 10 days for MRSA in urine,took it for a total of 5 days twice a day,got my urine checked again,and they said the infection was gone,which is good!) So yeah,I have been off of Bactrim for about 2 weeks maybe now.Long enough for it to get out of my system I suppose. Anyways,in the midst of my panic,I've looked up Steven Johnsons Syndrome. Really scary.

The other day I noticed a wisdom tooth on the top was coming in,its not fully in,and it looks like its coming out higher up than all of my other teeth but I can see the top of it coming through. Its been rubbing against my cheek slightly,so I went to go look in my mouth today -and I notice a little cut and what looks like an ulcer! I'm freaking out because of SJS,but something is telling me its from my wisdom tooth. The problem is the ulcer and little cut are a little bit more to my second molar (or the tooth right before the wisdom tooth) I dont even remember cutting my cheek because I havent felt pain...

I'm kind of panicking and need some words here..