PDA

View Full Version : Flying solo

braindead
18-06-17, 10:35
Tomorrow i drop the pregabalin and fly solo on my 60mg CYMBALTA, I am a bit worried has i am only 24 days into the 60mg Cymbalta i crucial time in the med cross over. the shrink is keeping me on 60mg i hope i don't crash ditching the last 50mg of pregabalin. I thought she would have increased the Cymbalta how many of you do well on the high dose and is that depression or anxiety, i am inflicted with both:wacko::wacko::wacko:

braindead
18-06-17, 17:50
no replies yet 30 looks :shrug::shrug::shrug:

snowghost57
18-06-17, 17:58
That happens a lot here, many people view posts but do not reply, don't take it personally.

I don't take medication. It just turns me into a fruit loop and I couldn't deal with that. Instead I went to therapy and I have a great counselor that gave me tools to cope with my thoughts. I challenge my "what if" thoughts. Are these thoughts valid? When it comes to medication you should consult your doctor. We can offer support and share our experiences, however when it comes to medication you should speak to a professional and please don't google.

braindead
18-06-17, 18:02
That happens a lot here, many people view posts but do not reply, don't take it personally.

I don't take medication. It just turns me into a fruit loop and I couldn't deal with that. Instead I went to therapy and I have a great counselor that gave me tools to cope with my thoughts. I challenge my "what if" thoughts. Are these thoughts valid? When it comes to medication you should consult your doctor. We can offer support and share our experiences, however when it comes to medication you should speak to a professional and please don't google.

my shrink had never taken any antidepressants in her life , what can she tell me . she just scripts the meds, i want to speak to the foot soldiers :doh:

snowghost57
18-06-17, 18:09
Does a doctor have to have a broken arm in order to fix it? I never even asked my doctor if she took medication, it's none of my business. Hope you find the support that you are seeking. Just remember everyone reacts to medication differently, what might work for one person doesn't mean it will work for you.

braindead
18-06-17, 18:17
Does a doctor have to have a broken arm in order to fix it? I never even asked my doctor if she took medication, it's none of my business. Hope you find the support that you are seeking. Just remember everyone reacts to medication differently, what might work for one person doesn't mean it will work for you.
you told me about the broken arm before . and i said a broken arm is plain to see but inside my brain wwwwwwwweeeeeellllllll

snowghost57
18-06-17, 18:24
So just because a doctor is taking anxiety medication they can see inside your brain? Each person has their own issues, I don't think we all have the same kind of anxiety. I don't understand health anxiety but I can still be supportive. If it bothers you so much that she doesn't take medication for anxiety, the only other option is it find another doctor. I'm not sure how many will reveal this information to you as its personal.

MyNameIsTerry
19-06-17, 05:01
Brian,

I get it's worrying, med changes always are, but I think you have to look at what you have already done here. Coming down off a high Preg dose and starting a completely different med means side effects. You've got through all of that!

I won't lie to you, I found coming off Cit brought more prominent side effects than the 50% reduction from the minimum therapeutic dose I was on. But it wasn't bad. So, that last reduction might bring side effects but you've come down from such a high dose that you would have seen a lot of it by now anyway. And starting the SNRI was another challenge and yet you have got onto the minimum therapeutic dose so would have seen those side effects by now.

So, accept it for it is and take the final step. Go day by day. I think the odds are in your favour that you would have seen a lot of anything bad by now.

braindead
19-06-17, 09:52
So just because a doctor is taking anxiety medication they can see inside your brain? Each person has their own issues, I don't think we all have the same kind of anxiety. I don't understand health anxiety but I can still be supportive. If it bothers you so much that she doesn't take medication for anxiety, the only other option is it find another doctor. I'm not sure how many will reveal this information to you as its personal.

have you read this post SNOWGHOST57???????? i suggest you read it again, if you go to hospital with a broken arm its there plain to see and the doctor mends it like you say, BUT if you go to see a shrink with a broken mind she cannot see that. AND who said my doctor took anxiety meds ?????????? :wacko::wacko::wacko:

---------- Post added at 09:52 ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 ----------

THANK YOU TERRY , I took the plunge this morning and stopped the last 50MG PREGABALINE tablet , it may help with constipation now .I just needed a little push and you made up my mind, again thanks my friend:yesyes: