PDA

View Full Version : I'm getting more scared as time goes on.

Tinker28
18-06-17, 12:35
Hi there, how are you? I'm Stephanie and I'm 36 years old. I have suffered from HA for many many years. I've seen my doctor on many occasions about all kinds of things. I was sent to a program by him called anxiety to calm. It was really good. Too bad it don't help all he time. The reason for my post is... I'm scared and want you guys to help me in anyway you can. Please!

Been under a lot of stress in the last few months. Last month I bought a new bra from a bra store expensive one I wore it one day it was so tight. The next day went to another store a bra store and got a sports bra again sorta tight. I need to mention I haven really wore bra for a long time now so went from nothing to this. My left boob started to give me pain and after a week of this I had enough and took the bra off. I haven't been wearing one for 3 weeks now and I still have pain there. I seen my doctor and he checked my boobs showed him everything and I felt some tender in spots in my left boob. I should mention I had a bump on my left boob a while ago it was painful to touch not sure what it was. It went away and left a dark grey spot on that boob. I showed that to my doc too. Anyways my doc is sending me to a mammogram I never had one and I'm soo worried and scared of what might become of it. My upper back is sore too on the left side. Making me more scared. Can anyone help me? Please?? :blush::scared15::scared15:

Tinker28
18-06-17, 19:30
Can anyone help me please?

lucy666
18-06-17, 19:33
hi!

I've never had a mammogram before so I won't be much help, so I can only wish you well, but my mum has been for one when she had a breast screening checkup.

Did the doctor tell you a date yet, or how long it will be?

snowghost57
18-06-17, 23:21
I've had mammograms, there isn't much to it. They just flatten the boob between to sheets of glass. It might pinch some but its not an agonizing procedure. The bump can be a cyst. No matter what your worrying about it will not change anything. Since its small it can be addressed. Also you should find a bra that provides support. Going bra less will cause the tendons and muscles to stretch, that could be causing you pain as well.

Tinker28
19-06-17, 17:01
Hi there thank you for the replies.... To answer Lucy666...I just got my date for it June 26th next week. Now what I'm have the date I'm more scared. I mean the doc did ask if I wanted to wait to get the mammogram done to see if it went away. So?? Yeah I'm thinking all kinds of nasty thoughts about this...anyone been to similar thing? One breast painful came on after wearing a bra and I don't wear one normally cause they suck..I have small boobs too.