PDA

View Full Version : Burning Stomach

worrywart115
19-06-17, 01:33
Since sometime during the fall, I've had this on and off burning feeling in my stomach. It's been very mild, and every time I went to my GI for checkups, they brushed it off and didn't really seem too concerned about it. Just this past week, however, it seems like the burning has gotten worse and I even feel it in my chest a bit. I've been on a PPI since fall, and it doesn't seem to be helping much. Had tons of tests on my stomach 2 years ago for something unrelated (endoscopy, breath test, blood test, all clear except for acute gastritis), and my most recent was a CT of my stomach last year.

I'm only 23, but I'm starting to worry that maybe I've had unchecked gastritis or something similar and it's given me stomach cancer or a tumor of some kind. The PPI doesn't seem to work and it's stressed me out beyond belief, because it's supposed to help with acid. I'm due to go back to my GI soon, possibly next week, and I'm nervous that they're going to scope me and find something terrible and deadly. :weep: Anybody have any similar experiences, or any advice?

saf138
19-06-17, 03:14
Yes I Definately had the same burning sensation when I was suffering with anxiety it was always in my belly region that would come and go throught the day which stayed with me for months but as the anxiety subsided so did the feeling. We become hyper aware when in a state of anxiety and that is why we feel more aches and pains and weird sensations which we just wouldnt care about if we were not in a state of anxiety but because we feel more sensations we start to worry and think of the worst possible reason for it. Work on your anxiety and you'll be fine Plus you had all clear.

worrywart115
22-06-17, 00:15
Yes I Definately had the same burning sensation when I was suffering with anxiety it was always in my belly region that would come and go throught the day which stayed with me for months but as the anxiety subsided so did the feeling. We become hyper aware when in a state of anxiety and that is why we feel more aches and pains and weird sensations which we just wouldnt care about if we were not in a state of anxiety but because we feel more sensations we start to worry and think of the worst possible reason for it. Work on your anxiety and you'll be fine Plus you had all clear.

Sorry for the late reply, but thanks so much. I definitely have terrible bouts of anxiety sometimes, and I'm sure thinking about it doesn't help the pains. I keep thinking that maybe something might've developed during the time between my exams, but that'd be pretty rare I think. Stomach issues have just been the cause of my anxiety for months, so it's hard to stop thinking the worst sometimes.