PDA

View Full Version : First post hello

elsiemay
19-06-17, 15:06
Hi
I'm new here. I'm in my late 30's and was diagnosed with anxiety 2 years ago. Got better with the help of councelling and citalopram to the point where I stopped the meds about a year ago. Last week or so am feeling awful. Terrible adrenaline surges go through me leaving me unable to relax, feel sick, hot and clammy. Lasted all day yesterday and today. Saw GP this am who said I should restart meds. Feels like such a step backwards as really thought I was "better".
Any tips or advice welcome.

Bee84
19-06-17, 15:07
:welcome:

venusbluejeans
19-06-17, 15:11
Hiya elsiemay and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Rick(amateur)
19-06-17, 19:22
Hi and welcome to the forum! :welcome:

The thing about anxiety is that it never really goes away. It's a part of life but it mustn't control how we live our lives. If you aren't a big fan of meds, you can certainly look for more natural ways like meditation or keeping a journal. Of course, it really depends on how serious everything is for you for the upcoming days. I like to see meds as a temporary measure for you to get the situations manageable so you can find alternative ways to consistent keep your anxiety under control.

There are lot of great people here so, if you can share more details of your situation, I'm sure you can find some answers and make some friends along the way. Hope you enjoy your stay! :)