PDA

View Full Version : Swollen feet...

Rey1989
19-06-17, 17:14
Hello all!

I am a 28 year old male and Ive been experiencing swollen feet since 2 days ago. Im in overall good health, i workout every day for about 1.5 hrs, ride my bike 2-3 times a week, etc...

Now where I live its been crazy hot the last week or so... and very humid! Also, i don't think I've been drinking enough fluids for this kind of weather(Just some additional info!)

Last night my feet felt very swollen but i didnt think anything of it, i felt my shoes were very tight, and when i got home and took them off i freaked out a bit when I saw my feet...they were definitely swollen and it was like i could feel palpitations.

Today they still feel swollen and tight, but not as much as last night.. so im getting a little worried this could be related to renal issues or my liver or something... (this has never happened to me like this before)

I did email my doc but he's away on vacay for another week, so the one filling in said: "hopefully due to the warm weather, but can't be sure without seeing them. If this persists see your doctor when he gets back"

So im left worried theres something else going on (I have severe health anxiety)

Has anybody had something like this before? Am I freaking out over nothing?? Any comments would be much appreciated!

Thanks for reading!

Rey

bottleblond
19-06-17, 17:47
Hi Rey

I'm the exact same at the moment. For about a week now, I have had a swollen left foot. The only thing I can think of is the heat which I do know can cause this. I'm determined not to read anything else into it because I'm not going down the route of HA again.

Believe it or not, bathing your feet in tonic water is supposed to really help. I just keep forgetting to buy it. :doh:

I'm sure you'll be just fine. The sun has a lot to answer for.

Lisa
:hugs:

Phuzella
19-06-17, 17:48
I'm not a doctor but it could be the humidity and not drinking enough water.

Rey1989
19-06-17, 19:50
Hi Rey

I'm the exact same at the moment. For about a week now, I have had a swollen left foot. The only thing I can think of is the heat which I do know can cause this. I'm determined not to read anything else into it because I'm not going down the route of HA again.

Believe it or not, bathing your feet in tonic water is supposed to really help. I just keep forgetting to buy it. :doh:

I'm sure you'll be just fine. The sun has a lot to answer for.

Lisa
:hugs:

Thanks for the info bottleblond! I will try that, hopefully it will help!

Rey

---------- Post added at 14:50 ---------- Previous post was at 14:49 ----------

I'm not a doctor but it could be the humidity and not drinking enough water.

Yes Phuzella, thats probably what it is. Just being the anxious person I am I jump to worse case conclusion immediately. Cheers!

Rey