PDA

View Full Version : Constantly tired can't stop napping

Paul87
19-06-17, 19:36
My sleep pattern always goes bad at some point and leaves me with nocturnal sleep pattern but lately I've had such heavy eyes and heavy tiredness strike me and it's quite crippling when it bed time it strikes and I fall asleep for 4-5 hours a night then during afternoon it strikes so bad I can be stood up or sat up but can only close my eyes and sleep again for little while

Then get super tired at bed time again, I don't know what to do last night I slept 4-5 hours and had a 1 hour nap after 2 hours of me fighting the urge I was hoping to stay awake so I could sleep whole night and reset my sleep pattern but my body couldn't resist the urge to nap

Even now it's 7:30 pm I feel tired and could prob do with sleeping but I wanna stay awake couple hours so I fall asleep at a reasonable time, but by time that resonable time comes the sleepiness will be horrible again

I'm now full of anxiety and butterflies over this I'm worried about napping and how tired I feel and how tired I can get it's something I never experienced so strong before

I'm not sure what this is or what I can do to reboot my sleep schedule and get a full nights sleep and stop napping I'm also curious as to weather anxiety is playing a major role in making my tired effects worse and making matters worse

Because before my anxiety hit me just before writing this I wasn't all that tired now I suddenly feel like I need a early night, i seriously don't know what to do anymore

HoldingoutforHope
20-06-17, 02:57
Worrying about your sleep pattern will make it more difficult for you to fall asleep at night. And Insomnia is definetely a sign of Anxiety. Taking a nap isn't bad in itself, but it CAN mess with your sleep schedule like you said.

Have you tried going to bed earlier every night? Gradually reducing how long you stay up each night can "reset" your schedule. Doing it all at once will make it more difficult for you to fall asleep, but worrying about your insomnia will just make the insomnia worse :blush:

Try to see if you can make your naps shorter by setting an alarm and going to bed early every night gradually to help reset your sleep schedule. :)

Paul87
20-06-17, 19:22
I managed fall sleep 1 am yesterday woke up 5ish for like 20 minutes and then slept till 8 ish which is best and longest sleep I had in months now

No surprises though even though I had better sleep and woke up later I'm still tired at the same time today I been tired since 2 PM which being tired isn't unusual but 3 PM onwards the tiredness was so bad it effected my vision and have trouble focusing or keeping my eyes open at all which is unusual for me to have such extreme tiredness

It's 5 PM now and no naps yet but the way I'm feeling is unreal tiredness and I don't know why I guess I got about 5 more hours or so to stay awake if I can

---------- Post added at 19:22 ---------- Previous post was at 17:04 ----------

Well it seems I had a 2 hour nap :(