PDA

View Full Version : almenotic melanoma?

helenhoo
19-06-17, 19:59
I was told this was spot, and then a similar one popped up ans was like yeah another spot. My friend said both spots but today another friend was like no, isnt a spot its a mole. Panic ****ing overload. She squeezed it and some blood came out.

https://ibb.co/mAkK8Q - spot 1 after being picked
https://ibb.co/ney9a5 - spot 2 few days after picked.

Actual death sentence so so so scared.

---------- Post added at 19:59 ---------- Previous post was at 19:49 ----------

This is Spot 2 before I picked it https://ibb.co/k58Za5 they look similar right? Everyones shouting that kts not smin cancer but I'm convinced its nodular or almenotic

Josh1234
19-06-17, 20:09
I had salmon for lunch today.

clarisse
19-06-17, 20:15
I'm having chicken.:winks:

saf138
19-06-17, 20:22
I'm playing with my fidget spinner almost hit my high score too.

KK77
19-06-17, 20:23
I'm a "psycho" so I'll probably eat my ex :wacko:

helenhoo
19-06-17, 20:26
Please look at the photos

axolotl
19-06-17, 20:27
You don't want to get better from anxiety, and you don't care if your boyfriend leaves you (if your boyfriend is even real to start with). All you want is attention on forums. Sad, but all true.

helenhoo
19-06-17, 20:30
Please look

axolotl
19-06-17, 20:31
Please look

You're even masking that this is mickey-taking any more.

Gary A
19-06-17, 20:35
I looked at your photos.

helenhoo
19-06-17, 20:35
and?

Gary A
19-06-17, 20:37
They look like, oh I dunno, let's say spots.

I could say a million things really, but it wouldn't matter. Stop posting on this forum, you've literally worked people's last nerve.

helenhoo
19-06-17, 20:40
but it was popped and some blood came out. One friend saif it was spot another said moles.

Gary A
19-06-17, 20:41
That's nice.

clarisse
19-06-17, 20:41
I saw a live mole once!!!:yesyes:

Gary A
19-06-17, 20:43
I saw a live mole once!!!:yesyes:

Did you pop it and blood came out?

helenhoo
19-06-17, 20:44
do they look like almenotic or nodular?

Bigboyuk
19-06-17, 20:44
Simply go back to your dr and get it looked and then believe what they say and get some therapy then come back and tell us it was nothing after all :)

bottleblond
19-06-17, 20:45
I also looked at your photos.

clarisse
:scared15: No it popped back down its hole Gary :lac:

Gary A
do they look like almenotic or nodular?

They look like little teddy bears with pointy noses, actually.

clarisse
19-06-17, 20:49
They look like little teddy bears with pointy noses, actually.

You need to go to Specsavers Gary.:shrug:

Gary A
19-06-17, 20:51
You need to go to Specsavers Gary.:shrug:

I always thought moles had pointy noses and looked a little like tiny teddy bears.

Granted, I've never saw a live one.

Bigboyuk
19-06-17, 20:55
Helen what are you going to do are you going back to your dr's??

helenhoo
19-06-17, 21:02
bottleblond what do you think?

Bigboyuk
19-06-17, 21:06
bottleblond what do you think? We aren't medically trained could you answer my question please are you going to your dr????? Simple question, and a simple answer is all that is needed

axolotl
19-06-17, 21:07
It's very strange when you think about it, people coming on this forum and demanding people diagnose them.

We are on this forum because we're the worst people in the world at diagnosing diseases. We're in constant panic because we misdiagnose ourselves all the time. We're utterly crap at it. Why would anyone make this their stop to ask what something is?

It's like going on a forum called "I can't recognise breeds of dog" and asking them to identify what dog you've got.

helenhoo
19-06-17, 21:08
do they look the same? all photos?

axolotl
19-06-17, 21:10
do they look the same? all photos?

How's your on-the-verge-of-leaving-you boyfriend tonight, while you're on the Internet on a balmy summer's night asking exasperated strangers questions they couldn't possibly know the answer to?

Gary A
19-06-17, 21:17
How's your on-the-verge-of-leaving-you boyfriend tonight, while you're on the Internet on a balmy summer's night asking exasperated strangers questions they couldn't possibly know the answer to?

He's outside chasing moles.

helenhoo
19-06-17, 21:17
well people can look and say yes that's dangeour or yes they look the same or no its fine

axolotl
19-06-17, 21:25
well people can look and say yes that's dangeour or yes they look the same or no its fine

I'm going to pretend for a moment you're not sat at your computer laughing at the silly anxious people for running round after yet another totally fatuous post, and that what you say is on the level and straight up.

You've (supposedly) got CBT coming up. I can't tell you what that will entail, but it's a almost certain they will tell you not to seek reassurance for your specific anxiety fears. They will also probably tell you not to post on forums like this. Even those of us who haven't been through CBT know those things. It's Health Anxiety 101. You know that. I've told you that what seems like hundreds of times, as have others.

If you won't take that on board, and keep posting threads like this, it's doubtful you'll take advice off a therapist either. If you're actually telling the truth on here about your situation you need to take that seriously. They will not wave a magic wand and make you better.

And seriously, I said it facetiously above, but really how the bleeding hell is anyone on here suppose to tell you anything useful about some crap phone snaps of some random spots? Seriously?

But the reaction to someone accusing you of not caring about your boyfriend, as I just did, isn't "but look at my photo of my spot!". This is why I can't believe a word you're saying.

bottleblond
19-06-17, 21:37
bottleblond what do you think?

I think it looks completely normal. However I would refrain from allowing your friends to "Pick" it to see what came out. Not only is that very vile but extremely unhygienic too. Considering your extreme HA, I don't understand why you would have allowed that?. Infection, contamination of an open wound etc.

Can you tell us why you would allow someone to tamper with something you thought was Cancer?.

Catherine S
19-06-17, 21:38
Axolotl. ..I think we're down to one liners here now, anything more than that is just a waste of time. Save the long paragraphs for someone who really appreciates your help.

Helen, I think there's a mole. A mole who is writing your scripts.

:lac:

Bigboyuk
19-06-17, 21:40
It's very strange when you think about it, people coming on this forum and demanding people diagnose them.

We are on this forum because we're the worst people in the world at diagnosing diseases. We're in constant panic because we misdiagnose ourselves all the time. We're utterly crap at it. Why would anyone make this their stop to ask what something is?

It's like going on a forum called "I can't recognise breeds of dog" and asking them to identify what dog you've got. I think it very strange my self and when a perfectly normal question was put about are you going to your dr about this no reply Iam gving up on this ahh Not quite the same regarding breeds of dogs (was a member for years on one it's now got data base and server errors all time so really not worth visiting now) and I know quite a lot of breeds of dogs some I couldn't get so would ask but do get what you are saying Iam bowing out of this thread as Helen hasn't answered my question hey enjoy this thread guys ;) Cheers

Fishmanpa
19-06-17, 21:41

The Amonalem Citonemla Species?

http://www.owentree.com/images/Mole%20Control%202.jpg

Positive thoughts and freckles

Bigboyuk
19-06-17, 21:43
I think it looks completely normal. However I would refrain from allowing your friends to "Pick" it to see what came out. Not only is that very vile but extremely unhygienic too. Considering your extreme HA, I don't understand why you would have allowed that?. Infection, contamination of an open wound etc.

Can you tell us why you would allow someone to tamper with something you thought was Cancer?.Actually bb that is spot on what you say no one would be allowed to do that to me, how ever well I knew them bb she wont answer your question sadlyCheers

axolotl
19-06-17, 21:49
Axolotl. ..I think we're down to one liners here now, anything more than that is just a waste of time. Save the long paragraphs for someone who really appreciates your help.

I still hold on to the thought my instincts may be wrong, and rather than a grade A wind-up merchant there's someone troubled if pig-headed who we can chip away at and finally get through to. Naive, I know, but probably worth wasting a few words just in case. However if she's not a wind-up merchant, she's doing a fine job of doing an impression of one in this thread.

Catherine S
19-06-17, 21:53
Yes tah muchly for that image Pa, just put me off my pate on toast! :ohmy:

---------- Post added at 21:53 ---------- Previous post was at 21:51 ----------

I still hold on to the thought my instincts may be wrong, and rather than a grade A wind-up merchant there's someone troubled if pig-headed who we can chip away at and finally get through to. Naive, I know, but probably worth wasting a few words just in case. However if she's not a wind-up merchant, she's doing a fine job of doing an impression of one in this thread.

Axolotl you do what you think is best, no probs :)

helenhoo
19-06-17, 21:57
I didn't think it was cancer, wasnr even worried but latesr friend said nah its a mole. Actually had a panic attack. I was sure it was a spot, she squeezed it and no pus just blood. So i panicked its a cancerous red mole (nodular or almenotic)

Fishmanpa
19-06-17, 22:02
Yes tah muchly for that image Pa, just put me off my pate on toast! :ohmy:

~lol~ Here's a benign mole as the previous one was definitely cancerous. The difference is obvious even for a non medical person.

http://animalsadda.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Mole-9.jpg

helenhoo
19-06-17, 22:17
I wasn't even worried and now I am. I had thougbt they were spots but no puss came from this one.

clarisse
19-06-17, 22:19
~lol~ Here's a benign mole as the previous one was definitely cancerous. The difference is obvious even for a non medical person.

http://animalsadda.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Mole-9.jpg

This is deff the type of mole I saw. :yesyes:

Bigboyuk
19-06-17, 22:25
I wasn't even worried and now I am. I had thougbt they were spots but no puss came from this one.Ahh one last try go to your dr just in case it is <sigh> I know you wont though:huh:

NervUs
19-06-17, 22:27
Why the need to be so mean and rude? Why not just pass the post on by?

I am in the same boat, helen. I have some weird patch on my chest that I also squeezed, blood came out, it did flatten, and it has not healed in weeks. I have also had lymph nodes pop up (one came and went quickly, one just popped yesterday).

I have a derm appointment on Wed and plan to have this thing checked and I really want a biopsy. I am thinking it is probably rash/acne related...but, sure, melanoma has crossed my mind.

Despite the tone, the people here are right. They can't tell you whether that spot is a pimple or something else. If it doesn't start healing, have it checked. THat's all you can do.

helenhoo
19-06-17, 22:37
I booked doctors appointment anyway for next week, so worried i was going to have tomorrow off work go walk in clinic. Mom is like why would it be cancer yo don't use sunbeds, dont sunbathe, havent blisteted

Thanks Nervus, hoping all is well. I'm taking tiniest comfort in that I believe one other spot looked similar before. Both cant be cancer surely? It sucks because I wasn't worried and this pal was trying to help.

Catherine S
19-06-17, 22:40
Mean and rude, but despite the tone we are right? You sound a little confused there NervUs :wacko: but you are absolutely right. We should all just pass on by. So you guys, let us just pass on by, because after all the many many years of these threads from Reb/helenhoo haven't we all had enough?

I think it's the last post from me on anything else helen who? posts. I'm passing on by. Bye.

bottleblond
19-06-17, 22:41
I didn't think it was cancer, wasnr even worried but latesr friend said nah its a mole. Actually had a panic attack. I was sure it was a spot, she squeezed it and no pus just blood. So i panicked its a cancerous red mole (nodular or almenotic)

In that case I do apologise but your thread heading was almenotic melanoma?.

Are we to believe you are now satisfied that it's not?

Lisa

helenhoo
19-06-17, 22:43
because *since* then I was worried.

nervousnelly52
19-06-17, 22:44
I'm not a doctor and this isn't medical advice but

It's also important to remember that even if it were a melanoma, a lot of the scary stuff you hear out there isn't true. There's a reason that 90% of patients are diagnosed with either melanoma in situ or stage 1 melanoma, and it isn't because 90% of patients are super keyed in to every single mole on their bodies and instantly notice a minor change.

In other words, you don't know what's up until you know what's up. Just go to the doctor and get it looked at. The odds are in your favor

bottleblond
19-06-17, 22:46
because *since* then I was worried.

I get spots on my face at times. If I scratch them by accident they bleed. Do you think I should be concerned?

helenhoo
19-06-17, 22:48
No but this friend was saying it wasn't a spot

Josh1234
19-06-17, 22:48
I have to poop.

bottleblond
19-06-17, 22:49
No but this friend was saying it wasn't a spot

Is this friend a medical doctor?

Bigboyuk
19-06-17, 22:51
I have to poop. Oh grow up you don't contribute anything on this thread ahh

helenhoo
19-06-17, 22:53
No she isn't.

Another friend who looked at original spot & the other said both spots.

Bigboyuk
19-06-17, 22:56
I booked doctors appointment anyway for next week, so worried i was going to have tomorrow off work go walk in clinic. Mom is like why would it be cancer yo don't use sunbeds, dont sunbathe, havent blisteted

Thanks Nervus, hoping all is well. I'm taking tiniest comfort in that I believe one other spot looked similar before. Both cant be cancer surely? It sucks because I wasn't worried and this pal was trying to help. your mum's right and I am glad you now have a appointment please mention your HA to them as well I wish you peace on this :) Cheers

bottleblond
19-06-17, 22:57
No she isn't.

Another friend who looked at original spot & the other said both spots.

Ok so they are spots!. :yesyes:

You have absolutely nothing to worry about. Nothing sinister is going on. You have a few spots, that's normal. Don't let your friend pick them in future is my advice.

All the best Helen

Lisa
x

helenhoo
19-06-17, 22:59
but no puss came out?! x

axolotl
19-06-17, 22:59
Oh grow up you don't contribute anything on this thread ahh

And here we go, right on cue, the arguments about how to treat posters once we've all been wound up by banging our heads against a wall at someone we all, genuinely, despite our snark, and despite our scepticism this is on the level, want to help, because despite everything we don't like to see a young woman in this state.

Helen will retreat for the night, and appear tomorrow with a brand new thread, where against all sense or logic we bite again and continue being snarky and new posters, who haven't seen her last (literally) 200 threads, will be amazed at how rude we are all to this poor girl who's just worried about a spot.

Claiming her boyfriend was on the verge of leaving to inject new sympathy from those of us who'd previously given up on her, and a fresh hope we could finally get through, was a masterstroke and breathed new life into this "thing". But it was BS.

Josh1234
19-06-17, 23:02
Oh grow up you don't contribute anything on this thread ahh

If I wasn't grown up I would've went right in my pants :shades:

bottleblond
19-06-17, 23:52
If I wasn't grown up I would've went right in my pants :shades:

Aw c'mon!. That's out of order.

NervUs
19-06-17, 23:56
It's also important to remember that even if it were a melanoma, a lot of the scary stuff you hear out there isn't true. There's a reason that 90% of patients are diagnosed with either melanoma in situ or stage 1 melanoma, and it isn't because 90% of patients are super keyed in to every single mole on their bodies and instantly notice a minor change.

Hi Nervousnelly,

Would you mind elaborating on this?
LIke Helen, I am imagining that something that would be very atypical for melanoma is, indeed, amelanotic melanoma. I am getting it checked on Wed, but I don't even know how I'm going to pass the time until then.

Part of the complication is that my sister did, in fact, have an amelanotic melanoma. LIke you said, she did catch it early.

Because of her experience, it is very easy for me to imagine the same fate for me only in my imagining, of course, I am not so lucky on the catching it early part. I have no idea how long this patch has been there, and it is right in a spot where I had a blistering sunburn as a teen (I am 45 now, so prime age for mel popping up). Part of my HA, also, is self-blame, feeling like getting cancer is my fault for not catching it soon enough.

So, if you have any detail to fill in on your statement above, I think it might help me calm down some, if you would be so kind. TY.

nervousnelly52
20-06-17, 00:28
Hi Nervousnelly,

Would you mind elaborating on this?
LIke Helen, I am imagining that something that would be very atypical for melanoma is, indeed, amelanotic melanoma. I am getting it checked on Wed, but I don't even know how I'm going to pass the time until then.

Part of the complication is that my sister did, in fact, have an amelanotic melanoma. LIke you said, she did catch it early.

Because of her experience, it is very easy for me to imagine the same fate for me only in my imagining, of course, I am not so lucky on the catching it early part. I have no idea how long this patch has been there, and it is right in a spot where I had a blistering sunburn as a teen (I am 45 now, so prime age for mel popping up). Part of my HA, also, is self-blame, feeling like getting cancer is my fault for not catching it soon enough.

So, if you have any detail to fill in on your statement above, I think it might help me calm down some, if you would be so kind. TY.

First of all, melanoma itself is actually an extremely rare cancer. It is not common. In the US, 100,000 are diagnosed, the vast majority of those diagnoses being in situ or at worst stage 1/2. 11,000 people die of it each year. That's out of 321,000,000. Nodular melanoma is much less than that. Amelanotic melanoma is even rarer. I know everyone is always worried they'll be the ones to have the rare thing, and I am too, but it's worth considering the odds.

Now, remember that 85% of all of these rare melanomas undergo something called a radial growth phase before they take even one step down into the deeper skin. The vast majority of them do this for many months to many years. A Doctor I know had a patient who had a slow growing melanoma on his face for fifty years. They had photos from his army years to prove it. When it was removed it wasn't deep. Sometimes people have melanoma their entire lives that are only uncovered on autopsy and that don't have anything to do with what killed them.

Melanoma CAN be dangerous and that's why those warnings exist and it's not worth playing around with, but it's worth remembering that the odds are a lot better than the websites might make you believe

source: someone who is obsessed with melanoma

NervUs
20-06-17, 00:50
Thanks Nelly.

My current thing is bumpy so, of course, I'm imagining its already gone to the vertical phase.

Guess I just have to wait and see what this is. Hopefully, not melanoma!!!! Even a stage 0 or 1, I can do without :-)

MyNameIsTerry
20-06-17, 00:54
I think it very strange my self and when a perfectly normal question was put about are you going to your dr about this no reply Iam gving up on this ahh Not quite the same regarding breeds of dogs (was a member for years on one it's now got data base and server errors all time so really not worth visiting now) and I know quite a lot of breeds of dogs some I couldn't get so would ask but do get what you are saying Iam bowing out of this thread as Helen hasn't answered my question hey enjoy this thread guys ;) Cheers

That ServerError bloke gets everywhere! :winks:

helenhoo
20-06-17, 07:37
Has anybody looked at my photos and then photos of nodular melanoma?

axolotl
20-06-17, 08:11
Has anybody looked at my photos and then photos of nodular melanoma?

:doh:

helenhoo
20-06-17, 09:06
I know nobody can diagnose but if they said yes it looks like it go get it checked out.

axolotl
20-06-17, 09:18
I know nobody can diagnose but if they said yes it looks like it go get it checked out.

Just go to the bloody doctor if you're worried. You're not going to listen to us anyway. You're not a bloody child, think for yourself for once.

helenhoo
20-06-17, 09:56
I'm so sure he'll say its nodular melanoma. Fear.

---------- Post added at 09:56 ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 ----------

just spent 10 minutes trying to take photos of spot and film it and can't. Ugh. So so so so so scared.

Gary A
20-06-17, 10:59
Seriously, what's wrong with you?

It does not in any way look like any form of skin cancer. Nobody here is going to confirm your fears and justify your anxiety, please stop trying to make us.

If you're half as scared as you claim to be you'd have already been to see your doctor. Stop the games, stop trying to manipulate people and for once take some responsibility for yourself.

Bigboyuk
20-06-17, 11:05
Helen We cant say one way or another for definite Please stop wasting your life on this you are tearing your self up here Stop this now and say I need to see a dr now today as a emergency most dr's will see you same day if the receptionists ask why just say it's personal stop taking photos we just don't know so no good posting them you have severe HA this needs addressing Other members too are also trying to help but we are getting fed up now for your own good go and see some one today Cheers

---------- Post added at 11:05 ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 ----------

Seriously, what's wrong with you?

It does not in any way look like any form of skin cancer. Nobody here is going to confirm your fears and justify your anxiety, please stop trying to make us.

If you're half as scared as you claim to be you'd have already been to see your doctor. Stop the games, stop trying to manipulate people and for once take some responsibility for yourself. Actually Gary great post and to the point, hope fully it will be taken on board :yesyes: Cheers

helenhoo
20-06-17, 11:12
My next doctors appointment is next Weds, they are half days on Tuesdays. I'm taking self to walk in clinic after work.

gary have you looked at the photos and of nodular melanoma? I have read horror stories online.

axolotl
20-06-17, 11:16
Stop this now and say I need to see a dr now today as a emergency most dr's will see you same day if the receptionists ask why just say it's personal

Although obviously running to the doctors and falsely claiming it's a emergency because you get a spot isn't a good strategy going forward and totally against advice for beating health anxiety.

Maybe ringing the doctor's and saying "I have a common or garden spot and I'm totally freaking out because I can't stop imagining its cancer, can I have an emergency appointment about anxiety" would be a better course of action, but hey, I'm p***ing in the wind with that kind of suggestion.

helenhoo
20-06-17, 11:17
My friend has said it doesn't look like a spot

Gary A
20-06-17, 11:22
My next doctors appointment is next Weds, they are half days on Tuesdays. I'm taking self to walk in clinic after work.

gary have you looked at the photos and of nodular melanoma? I have read horror stories online.

What part of "it looks nothing like any form of skin cancer" from my last post did you not understand?

---------- Post added at 11:22 ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 ----------

My friend has said it doesn't look like a spot

Who actually gives a **** what your friend says? Unless she's a doctor then she doesn't know any better than the rest of us.

You seem to want to irritate and harass anyone but the person who could actually give you a definitive answer.

Gameplaying. Please just stop it.

Bigboyuk
20-06-17, 12:02
Although obviously running to the doctors and falsely claiming it's a emergency because you get a spot isn't a good strategy going forward and totally against advice for beating health anxiety.

Maybe ringing the doctor's and saying "I have a common or garden spot and I'm totally freaking out because I can't stop imagining its cancer, can I have an emergency appointment about anxiety" would be a better course of action, but hey, I'm p***ing in the wind with that kind of suggestion. Yes think we are running out of ideas now axoloti your second suggestion could work if Helen takes it on board but we will see? Cheers

---------- Post added at 11:27 ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 ----------

My friend has said it doesn't look like a spot Why are you asking your friends advice? They clearly don't know what they are talking about so stop asking them.

---------- Post added at 11:35 ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 ----------

gary have you looked at the photos and of nodular melanoma? I have read horror stories online. What today you going to a walk in clinic?:yesyes:
and great post, but sadly let down by asking Gary have you looked at the photos ahh so sad we don't know and Iam not going to feed your anxiety any more so get to the walk in clinic Helen and Good luck Think next time Helen asks has any one seen the pics just brush over it for Helen's sake as much as ours I aint spending all day on this as It's a nice day out there :) Are you at work now and out of interest what's your job?Cheers

---------- Post added at 12:02 ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 ----------

It's over 20 mins and no reply from Helen who no doubt will ask Gary again has he looked at the photos ahh instead of answering other questions put to Helen. Cheers

helenhoo
20-06-17, 12:07
I work in Sales so most of my time is on the phone

Bigboyuk
20-06-17, 12:36
I work in Sales so most of my time is on the phone For a company I guess? What things does your company sell? Bet it can get very busy and at other times less so? Do you like it? Iam not in a really god job but it pays the bills etc! Cheers

Carrie8484
20-06-17, 13:38
Is this thread 201 or 202?

Josh1234
20-06-17, 13:56
I swear she told us she was a teacher

helenhoo
20-06-17, 13:56
Ugh so so convinced.

Gary A
20-06-17, 14:19
Ugh so so convinced.

So, as ever, everyone has wasted their time trying to answer you then?

Frankly, I don't believe you're even remotely convinced about this, as if you were you'd be rushing to your nearest GP surgery and making an appointment. As it is, you're sitting on a forum full of strangers either making excuses not to go or completely ignoring advice to do so.

Why is that? Why do you only seem to want to discuss this type of thing with people who can't answer you? Is it because you're actually not really interested in the answer? Is it because you'd much rather have a drama than a resolution? Is it because you enjoy people fawning over you, making you the centre of everything? Or are you just plain winding everyone up?

Frankly, I personally just don't care anymore. My personal opinion is that admin need to take a very close look at you and your activity on this forum.

Bigboyuk
20-06-17, 14:35
I swear she told us she was a teacher
Hmm that does ring a bell to me too, maybe she has changed jobs just a thought? Cheers

helenhoo
20-06-17, 14:39
I have made an appointment and I'm headinb to walk in after work.

I was a teacher when I was in South Korea.

Bigboyuk
20-06-17, 14:40
So, as ever, everyone has wasted their time trying to answer you then?

Frankly, I don't believe you're even remotely convinced about this, as if you were you'd be rushing to your nearest GP surgery and making an appointment. As it is, you're sitting on a forum full of strangers either making excuses not to go or completely ignoring advice to do so.

Why is that? Why do you only seem to want to discuss this type of thing with people who can't answer you? Is it because you're actually not really interested in the answer? Is it because you'd much rather have a drama than a resolution? Is it because you enjoy people fawning over you, making you the centre of everything? Or are you just plain winding everyone up?

Frankly, I personally just don't care anymore. My personal opinion is that admin need to take a very close look at you and your activity on this forum. Whoa Gary she did say Tuesday is a half day at work and she is going to her nearest walk in clinic, so for now we give her the benefit of this :) Hmm may be she is lonely but has strange way of showing it tbh iam as confused as every one else on here who have tried to help Helen. going to watch 15 to one in a bit me thinks I will leave you all to it ;) Cheers

axolotl
20-06-17, 14:41
Why is that? Why do you only seem to want to discuss this type of thing with people who can't answer you?

I think "discuss" is a very grand word here, for someone shouting "LOOK AT MY SPOTS!" while people try and reason with them.

Hmm that does ring a bell to me too, maybe she has changed jobs just a thought? Cheers

To be fair, IIRC she was claiming to be a TESOL teacher during the bizarre South Korea adventure story, and she never said she was a teacher over here.

Bigboyuk
20-06-17, 14:54
I think "discuss" is a very grand word here, for someone shouting "LOOK AT MY SPOTS!" while people try and reason with them.

To be fair, IIRC she was claiming to be a TESOL teacher during the bizarre South Korea adventure story, and she never said she was a teacher over here. Yeah sure axoloti fair point Cheers

---------- Post added at 14:54 ---------- Previous post was at 14:52 ----------

I have made an appointment and I'm headinb to walk in after work.

I was a teacher when I was in South Korea. Helen Good luck and do let us know what comes of it :) Cheers

Carrie8484
20-06-17, 15:05
Ugh so so convinced.

Mmmm yes, me too. May really doesn't have long left in all this does she. But Johnson, he'd make a worse PM than Trump as president!

helenhoo
20-06-17, 15:13
Does it resemble a nodular at all?

It feels like a skin tag? Like I said I was so so so sure it was spot as I had one similar other shoulder and even when this appeared I felt calm about the other because they looked the same. Then yesterday when pal looked she was adamant it wasn't a spot so I'm now so sure it's nodular melanoma and that's it.

Also, my boyfriend left me because of all this.

clarisse
20-06-17, 15:17
Its a common spot.END OF. Not surprised your boyfriend left.Maybe this will jolt you into getting help for your HA Anxiety. You could begin with not posting on here. Good luck.

helenhoo
20-06-17, 15:48
I thought that but no pus cam out when squeezed just some blood. . .

---------- Post added at 15:48 ---------- Previous post was at 15:30 ----------

in the waiting room so scared. What if this is it?

Colicab85
20-06-17, 16:02
Been a long time since i was here but i can see things don't change.

I agree with Gary, admin need to get involved. This isn't real.

helenhoo
20-06-17, 16:12
Walk in doctor/nurse said it was just a pimple and nothing to worry about and he wouldn't have even noticed it. He said he's taken skin cancers out before (or witnessed then) and it is absolutely nothing to be concerend about. I said sorry for wasting an appointment

Gary A
20-06-17, 16:16
Walk in doctor/nurse said it was just a pimple and nothing to worry about and he wouldn't have even noticed it. He said he's taken skin cancers out before (or witnessed then) and it is absolutely nothing to be concerend about. I said sorry for wasting an appointment

You forgot to write "thanks for playing" at the end.

Phuzella
20-06-17, 16:19
That's good then. Stop looking for things to worry about now

MyNameIsTerry
20-06-17, 16:33

I think we knew it wouldn't be anything, Reb. This is why I'm against HA sufferers promoting getting doctors to check "just in case" when only HA sufferers go to doctors about things like this. Besides it's reassurance seeking anyway, you will be having many of these situations in your life time and the NHS would be even worse off if the general population were doing this.

I understand your anxiety so wouldn't judge you for it, but I disagree with others who can easily see this is just anxiety promoting it. Less of an issue if we were getting charged for the visit though.

I'm glad you sympathised with the medical professional, many wouldn't.

helenhoo
20-06-17, 16:43
I don't feel reassured though so I KNOW It's anxiety. He said its rare for under 50s anyway.

MyNameIsTerry
20-06-17, 16:58
Whether you feel reassured or not, it's still anxiety. I'm not a HAer so it's easier for me to look at this board and know I wouldn't be seeing a doctor about the things posted on here for the vast majority of the time.

I get marks coming up & down my body lots. Funny heads, weird GI stuff, bruises that can't be accounted for, bumps, bleeding when going to the toilet. Many more. I've never asked a doctor once because these things happen throughout life tons of times and if I need to check things out, NHS Choices tells me whether I need it assessing. If I was a HAer it would be very different.

It's plain as day everyone on this board is a HAer. And without tackling the real issue, an anxiety disorder, another trigger will only come along and off you will go again.

With in the context of my own anxiety themes I'm not different. Still got plenty of battles on the go but dealt with a lot of it too. Self help, therapy, meds, alternative treatments, etc. It really won't just stop, you have to restore balance.

helenhoo
20-06-17, 17:30
I was feeling slightly better just then had a 'what if he didn't look at the right spot/didn't look properly/I'm one of those horror stories' I've bought myself a basic phone which i need to use snd stoo googling. I could tell he was a bit narked off tbh, but looked and assured me all the same.

MyNameIsTerry
20-06-17, 17:33
He's probably had a busier day. I bet they see a lot of stuff that people shouldn't be going to them for, non anxious people these days have grown up with easier access so some of them go when they could book an appointment or try an OTC.

Standard anxiety stuff for a reassurance seeker. It never works.

helenhoo
20-06-17, 19:11
I guess so.

KK77
20-06-17, 19:18
You don't sound convinced Helen. Nothing more we can say...

helenhoo
20-06-17, 20:02
Im trying so hard, it's hard with Mm anxiety becauze freckles and mokes are literally there to look at. When its anything internal you can't check it often. Is Primula around, Id lobe those links you sent initially. I have had new phone since and can't remember

MyNameIsTerry
21-06-17, 01:32
It just finds another way, Reb. The issue keeping those cycles going is the same. But I understand what you mean about something more visual.

Not seen Primula for a bit. What you could do is go into the threads and use the search tool and select posts by Primula. That should find them.

Bigboyuk
21-06-17, 10:34
I sadly just see this cycle going round and round and round, no changes taking place, been to a walk in clinic still not reassured, even when dr's have said there is nothing to worry about. not much else we can do. Helen you say because it's visible it's there to be looked at No it's not, you have lost you bf now because of it. Do you really want get better?? You now need to concerntraite on getting your HA looked at and a treatment plan started because that is what you have got HA which is consuming your life don't think there is anything else we can do now Cheers

helenhoo
22-06-17, 16:09
slight panic today, probably the other issue triggeted me bht I'm now worrying the nurse got it wrong and I'm one of those horror stories. He literally said 'its nothing just a pimple' so why can't i pop it properly? been a week.

axolotl
22-06-17, 16:17
slight panic today, probably the other issue triggeted me bht I'm now worrying the nurse got it wrong and I'm one of those horror stories. He literally said 'its nothing just a pimple' so why can't i pop it properly? been a week.

I hope you've told the truth about your CBT appointment and it goes well.

helenhoo
22-06-17, 17:33
Of course I have.

Without sounding like a no shit sherlock I find when I'm not checking or googling my anxiety levels are so low. The spot is still there but when friend tried to pop no puss came. The nurse was convinced it was just a pimple but they get it wrong don't they?

Gary A
22-06-17, 17:46
Of course I have.

Without sounding like a no shit sherlock I find when I'm not checking or googling my anxiety levels are so low. The spot is still there but when friend tried to pop no puss came. The nurse was convinced it was just a pimple but they get it wrong don't they?

If that's what you want to believe then go ahead and believe it. What do you want any of us to say? Stop looking for someone to justify your anxiety, it's as transparent as thin air.

Just go to your apparent CBT appointment and stop wasting everyone's time spouting this same drivel over and over.

Bigboyuk
22-06-17, 17:59
Of course I have.

Without sounding like a no shit sherlock I find when I'm not checking or googling my anxiety levels are so low. The spot is still there but when friend tried to pop no puss came. The nurse was convinced it was just a pimple but they get it wrong don't they? And I bet you feel good when you aren't checking it/goggling it too? Like you say it = very low levels of anxiety surely you want to feel like this more often :) and then the doubt come in but they get it wrong followed by some reassurance don't they. the more you check less the better you will feel in the long run no one here is going to keep feeding you with reassurance now that you can do it your self so well done no more tying to squezze the spot from now on and look forward to your therapy!! Cheers

helenhoo
22-06-17, 18:34
It's so hard. My mom looked and was like yes a spot but i feel she's just saying that to shut me up.

KK77
22-06-17, 19:27
It's so hard. My mom looked and was like yes a spot but i feel she's just saying that to shut me up.

We've been trying for years too :roflmao:

Bigboyuk
22-06-17, 19:43
We've been trying for years too :roflmao:

Yeah you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink:D And it's tiring for those who are trying to help I am off to chill now away from here :shades: Cheers

helenhoo
22-06-17, 21:54
the horse is trying, honest.

KK77
22-06-17, 22:00
Giddy up Helen! You have to concentrate on therapy now, not your symptoms.

MyNameIsTerry
23-06-17, 05:06
Of course I have.

Mistakes do get made but they know the difference between an everyday pimple and a cancer sign. They've had lots of training & practice but there is no 100% in medicine but you have to tackle that negative thinking that is trying to concentrate on the doubts.

I'm not surprised you engage less in obsessive compulsive cycles when feel less anxious. I'm sure that's true of us all.

helenhoo
23-06-17, 10:42
This nurse/doctor had said he's sat in on cancer removals so he'd recognise even more right? Why eoukd an every day pimple stay the same for a week

---------- Post added at 10:42 ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 ----------

What if its Basal Cell? He was so sure it was just a pimple snd showed no signs at all of any concern but the pimple is still there and I couldnt pop it. Feels softish.

Gary A
23-06-17, 10:47
This nurse/doctor had said he's sat in on cancer removals so he'd recognise even more right? Why eoukd an every day pimple stay the same for a week

What if its Basal Cell? He was so sure it was just a pimple snd showed no signs at all of any concern but the pimple is still there and I couldnt pop it. Feels softish.

I'm sorry but can't you figure this one out on your own? You've been constantly picking and trying to pop it, why would it heal when you aren't giving it an opportunity to do so?

Basal cell now? Unreal.

helenhoo
23-06-17, 10:54
I haven't picked at is since Tuesday. I've been looking at it though daily and touching it.

Bigboyuk
23-06-17, 11:02
I'm sorry but can't you figure this one out on your own? You've been constantly picking and trying to pop it, why would it heal when you aren't giving it an opportunity to do so?

Basal cell now? Unreal. Gary think we are all wasting our time here life is too precious! Not even sure if she is for real or taking the mick Sorry I have my own recovery to think of! Cheers

---------- Post added at 11:02 ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 ----------

I haven't picked at is since Tuesday. I've been looking at it though daily and touching it. Well that's something good then so now practice on not even touching it then follow through with not constantly looking at it give it time to heal on it's own, Oh BTW No if's or but's what if it may be xyz forget these thoughts as they aren't real :) Now do some work and keep busy Cheers

helenhoo
23-06-17, 11:32
so a pimple can look the same & not pop?

MyNameIsTerry
23-06-17, 11:37

What if it isn't?

If you keep disturbing an area of skin it won't heal. You could keep a scab going for years if you want. Take it from a skin picker, I've got some months old.

All GP's are trained to spot things that shouldn't be there. Even if they don't know, they know to keep investigating to rule things out.

helenhoo
23-06-17, 11:45
It was a Nurse/Doctor at walk

Even if he was suspicious he'd have said to go to a derm wouldn't he?

MyNameIsTerry
23-06-17, 11:48
They have to refer you to a dermatologist. If they think you need it they would request either a priority or non priority referral.

If they had a concern over cancer, you would getting a priority referral for tests because there is the national target to adhere to for this. They are monitored on this and would get into trouble for not using the priority route.

You haven't been given either. What do you think that means?

Bigboyuk
23-06-17, 12:39
They have to refer you to a dermatologist. If they think you need it they would request either a priority or non priority referral.

If they had a concern over cancer, you would getting a priority referral for tests because there is the national target to adhere to for this. They are monitored on this and would get into trouble for not using the priority route.

You haven't been given either. What do you think that means? Ahh Terry well I know, and you know what it means. And exactly what you said no referral was made so all good news :) Helen hun take this on board for your own sanity you haven't picked at for a few days so this is good please stop obsessing over it :) Cheers

---------- Post added at 12:39 ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 ----------

Helen you sit on this thread day after day wanting answers and reassurance which you have had countless times You need to distract your self now from this obsession and try very hard to forget it :) Do you have a occupational nurse etc where you work? Cheers

bin tenn
23-06-17, 13:15
I had salmon for lunch today.

LoL, good stuff

Bigboyuk
23-06-17, 13:49
LoL, good stuff Indeed luxury food nice :)

helenhoo
24-06-17, 10:46
I picked the spot because it felt sore and looks like a pickeed a bit of skin off. Would nodular melanoma or almenotic or basal cell cancer present this way?

---------- Post added at 10:25 ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 ----------

Its red now and i dabbed with tissue and was some blood.

The nurse wouldn't mix up any weird lesion would he? Pimple on back with no head for a week, hadn't grown but was sore if i touched it.

---------- Post added at 10:32 ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 ----------

When i pick it its sore and bleeds tiniest amount

---------- Post added at 10:46 ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 ----------

but it hasn't gone down.

Bigboyuk
24-06-17, 11:08
I picked the spot because it felt sore and looks like a pickeed a bit of skin off. Would nodular melanoma or almenotic or basal cell cancer present this way?

---------- Post added at 10:25 ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 ----------

Its red now and i dabbed with tissue and was some blood.

The nurse wouldn't mix up any weird lesion would he? Pimple on back with no head for a week, hadn't grown but was sore if i touched it.

---------- Post added at 10:32 ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 ----------

When i pick it its sore and bleeds tiniest amount

---------- Post added at 10:46 ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 ----------

but it hasn't gone down. Helen when did you pick at after we gave you good advice to stop picking at or haven't you picked at it since Tuesday? Just to say it will be sore if you keep picking at it, and it will bleed and could even become infected :eek: Look iam no longer going to reassure you as I am feeding your HA which isn't good for you and you don't believe us when we tell you. Just get that CBT appointment and please go to it, Iam seriously drained by it all now Cheers

Gary A
24-06-17, 12:39
Stop picking your spot, let it heal. Please, you're not an idiot, try to stop acting like one.

Bigboyuk
24-06-17, 13:52
Stop picking your spot, let it heal. Please, you're not an idiot, try to stop acting like one. Once again more good advice, but will it be listened too?? Cheers

helenhoo
24-06-17, 14:55
if it was a spot with a yellow head I'd be fine but it isnt so I worry.

Gary A
24-06-17, 14:59
if it was a spot with a yellow head I'd be fine but it isnt so I worry.

You really need to start engaging your brain and quit this "I'm completely dumb" act. You really aren't a stupid person and I cannot fathom why you try to come across like you are.

Bigboyuk
24-06-17, 15:42
You really need to start engaging your brain and quit this "I'm completely dumb" act. You really aren't a stupid person and I cannot fathom why you try to come across like you are. Gary think we flogging a dead horse here we cant say we haven't tried though
Even the nurse and her dr has done their best this thread will go on and on and over the same things too. Helen you aren't doing your self any favours by continuing this cycle it's a very sad life you have. Cheers

MyNameIsTerry
24-06-17, 16:13
Gary think we flogging a dead horse here we cant say we haven't tried though
Even the nurse and her dr has done their best this thread will go on and on and over the same things too. Helen you aren't doing your self any favours by continuing this cycle it's a very sad life you have. Cheers

I think you have to accept things like this. I spent years working through eliminating compulsions and nothing anyone could have said would have changed that.

In truth, I always find it strange that repetitive posters should just stop. Until they fight back and gain some ground on their issues I just expect it to continue. It's like expecting someone continually washing their hands to stop. They won't, not until they fight back.

Take responsibility, yes. But it could be a while in therapy or on meds to see a change.

Some need to work harder to accept their anxiety will stay like this no matted if every doctor & test on the planet were used. I always find it strange some question why it keeps kicking them when when they can consciously understand & accept it's flaws. That's just anxiety, if it didn't work like that you wouldn't be here in the first place.

helenhoo
26-06-17, 16:29
I've stopped looking but it feels a bit smaller and more scabby now but assuming thats because i picked it to shit.

Bigboyuk
26-06-17, 16:35
I've stopped looking but it feels a bit smaller and more scabby now but assuming thats because i picked it to shit. That's good news then :) It's beginning to heal now and what you say after that is completely correct the scab will fall off on it's own any more picking at will make it bleed again so now everything is ok :) Cheers

helenhoo
27-06-17, 23:02
still feels scabby easily pickable

Gary A
28-06-17, 00:32
still feels scabby easily pickable

Leave it alone and get yourself a hobby, preferably one that doesn't involve being determined to attach something sinister to everyday things and posting online about it.

NervUs
28-06-17, 02:32
Leave it alone and get yourself a hobby, preferably one that doesn't involve being determined to attach something sinister to everyday things and posting online about it.

Helen, yes, leave it alone.

I finally found the willpower to leave my rash alone and, while still there, is so very much improved and much less red. I think fiddling with it just introduced bacteria and inflammation, the last thing you need. If you leave it alone, it will probably go away quickly.

BTW, I got my rash checked out and the derm PA was unphased by it. NOthing in the ballpark of amelanotic cancer.