PDA

View Full Version : subdural hematoma? fear of hitting head

scaredpt
19-06-17, 19:53
hi all...so five days ago I hit my head. I went to GP next day and he said I was fine I just should not workout or look at screens for the weekend. I still have a headache though and am scared I am having a brain bleed. on one hand, ifI am having one, i'd need immediate care. on the other hand, the chance of that is kind of low so i am wondering if I should make my parents take me to the ER. They think I am being ridiculous but I don't wanna die from something dumb. i looked up and people can die days or weeks after hitting their head, called a subdural hematoma.

snowghost57
19-06-17, 20:29
You saw a doctor and he told you that you were fine. You bumped your head. Stay off the internet. A subdural hematoma is from a SEVERE head injury. You might want to see a doctor about your anxiety.

axolotl
19-06-17, 21:04
Using phrases such as "subdural hematoma" is a sure sign you've spent way too much time Googling.

A severe head injury is you've been in a serious car crash, not you gave yourself a quick thwack.

scaredpt
19-06-17, 22:51
I don't know, apparently they can result from mild injuries as well. I have a headache still and it's just worrying me.

axolotl
19-06-17, 23:01
I don't know, apparently they can result from mild injuries as well. I have a headache still and it's just worrying me.

Trust your GP, they've seen a lot of knocked heads in their time and would know if something was wrong a mile off.

scaredpt
19-06-17, 23:08
Yeah but this thing appears days or weeks after. But it's been five or six days so my doctor said the biggest risk is in the 12 hours after. It's really hard to not buy into the anxiety and ask to go to the ER or the like.

Fishmanpa
19-06-17, 23:13
He (the doctor) said it's nothing serious but since I did have a headache I should limit my screen use and not workout for a day or two. He said if I was going to die, I would've last night (June 14th). He said it wasn't at the level of even a mild concussion.....

Positive thoughts

axolotl
19-06-17, 23:17
Yeah but...

The Health Anxiety mantra!

Jackrabbit
20-06-17, 01:29
Yeah you most likely would've been dead by now if you had that. I was worried about all of this when I bumped my head back in march. Trust me, you don't have it. And be grateful that you don't.

snowghost57
20-06-17, 02:22
Get help for your anxiety!