PDA

View Full Version : Strange feet/hands feeling

Rey1989
20-06-17, 16:03
Hello,

For about 3 days or so I've felt like my feet are swollen same with my hands, but they are not visibly swollen. I am getting worked up over this... can anybody come up with a rational explanation as to why this could happen? I have a docs appt next week but wanted to ask this community in the mean time.

It started after 1 week of very humid weather and very hot, not really sure if thats related. Im eating healthy (few bbqs here and there) excercicing every day for about 1.5 hrs and cant think of an explanation for this strange feeling.

Again, both feet and both hands feel like they are swollen or something, but dont look different to the naked eye.

Also, ive had some light headeness for a little while now altough that has subsided to open a place for this now... never ending.

Thanks!

Rey

Phuzella
20-06-17, 16:22
Humid weather does this :) I've got it now

Rey1989
20-06-17, 17:42
Humid weather does this :) I've got it now

Thanks for replying Phuzella. You don't think its anything to worry about then? The idea that heat and humidity can cause this is new to me, thats why it freaked me out.

Rey

Rey1989
22-06-17, 04:08
Posting on this again, I have a serious question:

I feel like my hands and feet are swollen throughout the day, especially at night time.. but I cant see them to be overly swollen with my naked eyes... So,

What would differentiate a normal hand/foot from a swollen one? I can feel my heart beats in the soles of my feet, they seem rather red, and when I press on them they go white for a second and then back to being reddish.. same with my hands.

I want to know this before proceeding with a Dr. Appt. next week, as I feel like Im wasting their time every time I go not knowing with certainty.

This is an honest question, so please, if you have anything to say, reply to my thread.

Thank you!

Rey

Darwin73
22-06-17, 12:03
It is normal for skin to go white when applying pressure and then return to its usual colour after the pressure is released. It's to do with capillary refill.

Rey1989
22-06-17, 12:57
It is normal for skin to go white when applying pressure and then return to its usual colour after the pressure is released. It's to do with capillary refill.

Thank you Darwin73. That makes perfect sense!

Does anybody have an answer for my other questions regarding identifying really swollen hands and feet?

Rey

FreakOutQueen
22-06-17, 13:16
You know what your hands and feet look like when they're normal so if they look bigger than that, they are swollen. Another way to tell is if you have any edema (press on the skin and leaves indents after you move your finger) it's kind of like clay feeling. Also, do they feel tight? Honestly, the heat always does this to me. Drink a lot of water I'm sure it will go away. Have you tried elevating your feet?

Fishmanpa
22-06-17, 13:22
Does anybody have an answer for my other questions regarding identifying really swollen hands and feet?

Rey, c'mon... Really? Just by the very definition of the word you would know. Look at what you said.... "For about 3 days or so I've felt like my feet are swollen same with my hands, but they are not visibly swollen." How can something be visibly "Swollen: enlarged by or as by swelling; puffed up; tumid" that you can't clinically see?

Positive thoughts

Rey1989
22-06-17, 14:19
You know what your hands and feet look like when they're normal so if they look bigger than that, they are swollen. Another way to tell is if you have any edema (press on the skin and leaves indents after you move your finger) it's kind of like clay feeling. Also, do they feel tight? Honestly, the heat always does this to me. Drink a lot of water I'm sure it will go away. Have you tried elevating your feet?

Hi thanks for answering. Yes I have elevated my feet, they feel tight particularly when I'm wearing the shoes i always wear...

Im drinking lots and lots of water... i hope this goes back to normal soon

---------- Post added at 09:19 ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 ----------

Rey, c'mon... Really? Just by the very definition of the word you would know. Look at what you said.... "For about 3 days or so I've felt like my feet are swollen same with my hands, but they are not visibly swollen." How can something be visibly "Swollen: enlarged by or as by swelling; puffed up; tumid" that you can't clinically see?

Positive thoughts

Thanks fishmanpa. You always give that sense of reality, and I appreciate you taking the time to reply to my concerns, may sound irrational to you, and they probably are, but to me, at this very moment, feels very real... what do ya know?

I know it should be straight forward to identify when something is swollen, however in my case they feel tight, and yes at the end of the day i cant see the tendons (or whatever they're called) that I can usually see, which to me shows that they may be a bit swollen.

The only thing that annoys me is the way they feel, not so much the way thry look if that makes sense.

On a side note, im having therapy for my anxiety but so far no results... starting to think about taking medication? Im BEYOND done with all of this. I want my lige back!

Thanks again!

Rey

Fishmanpa
22-06-17, 14:26
On a side note, im having therapy for my anxiety but so far no results... starting to think about taking medication? Im BEYOND done with all of this. I want my lige back!

Thanks again!

Rey

This is good to hear Rey! And considering medication is a good thing. IMO, having had therapy for depression along with meds, the meds were the "crutch" I needed until I got my feet under me again. The meds allowed me to focus on the therapy which in turn got me out of the hole I was in.

Positive thoughts

Rey1989
23-06-17, 12:51
So I've noticed that the swelling is more noticeable at night time, now quite evident. Of course i know what are some of the possible causes and Im freaking out. I do have some varicose veins, so this would be the more likely cause...

This literally happened overnight. Has anybody else suffered from this? Im afraid i have heart insufficiency... I dont know what to think.

I will be scheduling a docs appt on monday, but spending the weekend feeling like crap is going to be rough