PDA

View Full Version : Its been a while......same old anxiety!!

cjw
21-06-17, 09:12
Hi all,

Not posted for a while as I've been doing ok.......

My latest set back came just over a week ago. After dropping my wife off at the airport I went to do some shopping. Whilst walking back to the car I got a sharp pain across my chest that felt like a stitch. Lasted a few seconds. I instantly thought it was my heart again.

Over the next few days I suffered chest pains, sweating, pins and needles etc.

On the Monday night I woke up with pins and needles down both arms and a dull ache at the bottom of my rib cage. All I could think about was if I died I'd be lying there for days before my wife came home and found me!!!
I tried to calm myself but nothing worked and I felt awful. I ended up dialling 111. After speaking to the lady she made me an out of hours appointment. An hour later I was sat with a doctor. All my vitals were ok, except elevated blood pressure and blood sugars. She said it was excess gas as I had a lot of gas in my tummy. I left feeling like a right pratt!!!

Last night I woke up again. Soaked in sweat, pins and needles and some minor chest pains. I did some breathing and calmed myself down enough to nod off. Got up this morning and still have some chest pain/stitch like feelings that come and go.

I am considering going back on meds. I've been off them for 18 months and been doing well. I'm now convinced I have a heart issue. Note - I had an ECG 2 months ago as part of a general health check and it came back ok.

Anyone had similar episodes?

Thanks for taking the time to read

sheslostcontrol
21-06-17, 11:27
Hi. :)

I can totally relate to the night episodes - that's pretty much how my anxiety started this spring - one night, all out of sudden, with no stress in my life, no worries, nothing - I just woke up to the feeling I couldn't breathe (which might have been due to my asthma, I don't know, it's been under control) and in a state of terrible panic with racing heart and sweating and diarrhea, wanting to call the ambulance right away. I alarmed my mom, took some herbal calming pills, drank tea, trying to calm myself down. But I was scared. Scared I was going to die. It lasted for about two hours minimum and resulted in my mom having to sleep in the same room as me and having to keep the lights on. These episodes kept on happening for about two weeks (later on anxiety during the day built up) until I went to the ER and was given some benzos there which I took when I had the attack.

The nocturnal attacks stopped after three weeks or so, melatonin helped me a lot (also the bronazepam occasionally).

Don't worry, it gets better - maybe try and create some calming ritual before going to bed? :) Also some herbal remedies might help.

Hope you're having a nice day.