PDA

View Full Version : severe insomnia scared I'm loosing my mind

Annaines
21-06-17, 10:10
hello everyone I'm having massive troubles with sleep for a week now. It was mainly associated with my trip to the other city and going on a concert. I slept in my friends house on a bunk bed that wasn't so comfortable (I hate sleeping on the top). Anyway, this left me sleeping really badly. I used to go to sleep well past 3am everyday and getting 5h of sleep only. I know 5h isn't so bad but the fact that I kept lying in bed for so long in order to fall asleep really broke me. I was a mess and at some point I just couldn't stop crying. Anyway, the concert was great but I ended up going back to the house really late. Now I'm back in my own home. It's been one day. When I came back I immediately crashed despite having a severe back and throad ache. I slept for good 11h with a short break at 3am. Waking up and realising that I slept for so long felt amazing in the morning. Then the next day I ended up sleeping for only 4 hours since 7 am. I feel broken. My thoughts are racing and so is my heart. I don't think I've ever felt this bad I'm weak and I'm sweating. I'm trying to eat and drink but it's so hard. I don't know what to do anymore.

I'm only 18 and it's been a pretty stressful week. I wonder if melatonin would help, but I'm worried it would only make me feel more drowsy and not help me quit racing thoughts. Any ideas?

sheslostcontrol
21-06-17, 11:41
Hi. :)

I'm sorry to hear about your experience, unfortunately, I can't relate to it that much, though I can relate to the sleeping problens.

Melatonin has helped me a lot - mainly to fall asleep easier and much faster, but it helps most if you are in complete darkness and silence. It doesn't stop the racing thoughts, it just makes you sleepy. I personally took pretty high doses, which I don't think is necessary as I've read as little as 1 mg helps. And it shouldn't be taken for longer than a month or two, I believe.

Anyway, best wishes. :)