PDA

View Full Version : Fishmanpa - extremely useful links

Worrywart1234
21-06-17, 11:47
Hi Fishmanpa, the other day I was reading a post someone made and in it you said to read "this and this". They were 2 links about the symptoms of health anxiety that I found unbelievably helpful and comforting. I was reading all the symptoms and felt like they could have been written just about me - even down to a constant craving for sugar that is never satisfied...
Anyway, tonight I am feeling a bit on edge and tried to go back to read the links you posted to make myself feel better and I can't find them again even though I've gone back through 10 pages of postings. If you happen to read this can you please post them again.
Thanks for your continued words of wisdom :) I don't know another human being who can convey so much peace in words :)

Fishmanpa
21-06-17, 12:48
Hi WW...

I know exactly what you're talking about... and no worries. Knowing the extent our minds can contribute to our physical well being is valuable information.

Please read THIS (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms) and THIS. (http://www.anxietycentre.com/anxiety-symptoms.shtml#symptomslist)

Positive thoughts

orthagonal
22-06-17, 02:06
I've often found your "buddy, you'd know if you had cancer/heart attacks/whatever, you wouldn't be posting about on the internet" posts super helpful in putting HA symptoms in their proper context and having the perspective of someone who has lived through what is many of our worst fears is extremely valuable. I think you're a great member, but as someone who doesn't suffer from HA, how did you find yourself on this board?

Fishmanpa
22-06-17, 02:31
I think you're a great member, but as someone who doesn't suffer from HA, how did you find yourself on this board?

Thank you for your kind words. Truthfully, I found this place due to HA sufferers posting on the cancer forums I was part of. I initially followed several members here to give them a piece of my mind (if you've seen my posts, you know my feelings about posting on disease sites). I read a lot and realized I could possibly help and stuck around. Also, my daughter suffers from anxiety and depression. The site has been beneficial in gaining a better understanding of anxiety.

Positive thoughts