PDA

View Full Version : My pet has cancer

mdel
21-06-17, 16:14
Hi, sadly one of my cats, very young (about 4 years old) got diagnosed with liver cancer. It made me cry a lot because I don't know how many time it has left. But the thing is that also put my health anxiety at max level. I was trying to forget about my lymph nodes that were there for years and now I'm frozen with a lot of fear. I can't believe it, why? It's the most cute animal on earth it doesn't deserve to die, it's part of the family. And the worst is that I'm probably dying too and I didn't notice.

Fishmanpa
21-06-17, 16:30
And the worst is that I'm probably dying too and I didn't notice.

I'm truly and sincerely sorry about your cat :weep: I know I would be torn up if that happened to our boy. Pets are part of our lives and I consider them family.
I disagree with your statement above. The worst is actually that your pet is ill. It just illustrates the selfishness aspect of HA. Be strong for your pet and show him/her all the love you can in the time left and put your irrational worries aside for the time being.

Sending as always....

Positive thoughts

paranoid-viking
21-06-17, 16:54
Does your cat get treatment? My family had a cat who got cancer but once the vet diagnosed it it was decided to give him the needle. He had stomach problems for months before that and was suffering. I was away when it happened and learned it on the day I came back. They had allready buried him and I did cry. I hope your cat is not suffering too much.

MyNameIsTerry
21-06-17, 17:15
I'm really sorry to hear about your cat. :hugs::flowers:

You've just got to be strong for him/her. They love us unconditionally and will trust that you are taking the pain away.

saf138
21-06-17, 17:34
Awww thats so sad I'm so sorry to hear about the sad news and right now your cat needs all the love it can get so be strong.
All the best.

KK77
21-06-17, 17:36
Hi, sadly one of my cats, very young (about 4 years old) got diagnosed with liver cancer. It made me cry a lot because I don't know how many time it has left. But the thing is that also put my health anxiety at max level. I was trying to forget about my lymph nodes that were there for years and now I'm frozen with a lot of fear. I can't believe it, why? It's the most cute animal on earth it doesn't deserve to die, it's part of the family. And the worst is that I'm probably dying too and I didn't notice.

I doubt very much that you are "probably dying too". But I understand how this can trigger your HA and I'm sorry that your pet is ill. As Fish said, be there for your cat and show as much compassion as you can in the time you have left together.

mdel
21-06-17, 17:48
Well, my cat doesn't eat or drink since 2/3 days but yesterday it was a holiday here so I took her to the vet today and they found malign tumors in and around its liver. The vet didn't specifically told us it has cancer (she told us about the malign tumors) but it's clear that it's a metastasis and the symphtoms are conclusive, it's always tired, doesn't eat, doesn't drink, her eyes look terrible like yellowish the vet said it's due to bad liver functioning.
Anyway she's not doing that bad yet, I'll see what my vet has to say after the blood tests are done.
I didn't eat much today, my hands are very cold, I'm shaky, I cried a lot and I don't know if it's about being selfish but I touched my lymph nodes like 100 times today. And the strawberry of the cake, I have a test at college today and I can't focus.

MyNameIsTerry
21-06-17, 17:59
Nah, as long as you are doing what is needed for your cat, it's not any level of selfishness. It's just a trigger but the important part is not allowing it to get in the way.

I hope there is something they can do.

Bigboyuk
21-06-17, 19:47
Hi Iam sorry to hear this I have dog who is 10 and love her to bits so know how you must be feeling cause your cat is ill. You have been to the vet which is a start re drinking well does she like milk as drink you could that or try and get some water down her it's important (especially in this very hot weather to keep her hydrated :) No you cant compare the 2 your cat has got cancer, you haven't unless you have been diagnosed too. For now focus on your cat she needs you right now let us know re the blood test results please :hugs:

mdel
21-06-17, 22:48
The results of the blood test came back. My cat has only 220 white cells, the defenses are extremely low. Now they are testing for leukemia and aids because my cat has children and they could get the same virus. I can't believe it, it was only 2 or 3 days that my cat was feeling bad, the cancer spreaded super fast, it may sound like we didn't do anything but we did and we can't save my cat :( the vet said that there's nothing they can do, no cure :(

NervUs
21-06-17, 22:53
I am so sorry.

sdoxo
22-06-17, 00:28
Just wanted to send my condolences for you and ypur fur baby! I can only imagine the hurt you must feel!

I have 4 of them (2 dogs, 2 cats) and they are very much family. Idk what I would do in your shoes! Praying for a miracle for your sweet baby. :weep:

Fishmanpa
22-06-17, 00:50
Again, I'm truly sorry to hear this. Losing a loved one, human or furry is hard :weep:

Let him/her know your love them and do what's best.

Sending comforting and as always...

Positive thoughts