PDA

View Full Version : worried about skin cancer because of blister from sun/sunburn

ShaunRyder
21-06-17, 16:50
today has been very hot and I was outside doing some work with my dad, i'd say for about 2 hours, at first forgot to put on lotion but I did after about 45 mins, now I am in i have this small blister on my arm that is itchy and stingy, my arms a little red but not severe sunburn. I am worried this has led to skin cancer, should I be worried over the blister?

twilightchinchilla
21-06-17, 18:32
today has been very hot and I was outside doing some work with my dad, i'd say for about 2 hours, at first forgot to put on lotion but I did after about 45 mins, now I am in i have this small blister on my arm that is itchy and stingy, my arms a little red but not severe sunburn. I am worried this has led to skin cancer, should I be worried over the blister?

Hi Shaun,
I wouldnt be worried about a blister - just keep it well covered in the sun from now on!
I got sunburnt the other say and i've turned red - i've been in a proper panic mode however been reassured by several people the odd once is very very very doubtful to do any harm whatsoever. Apart from itching and the usual symptoms of a sunburn.
Don't touch it and i think you could put a cold flannel on it to soothe the pain?

Take care

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fishmanpa
21-06-17, 18:36
Just use sunblock in the future. An OTC sunburn remedy will help in the meantime. I remember having Noxema cream spread all over me as a child after a sunburn :D

Positive thoughts and the beach!