PDA

View Full Version : Appetite problems and fluoxetine/Nausea becoming worse

LadyPoldark
21-06-17, 18:00
Since going back on my medication 5 days ago I've found my physical symptoms of anxiety getting a fair bit worse, perhaps significantly so.
I'm nauseas to the point of throwing up on a regular basis (sorry if tmi) and yesterday it gotten to the point where I hadn't eaten for 3 days and I actually ended up getting a takeaway at gone 9pm as I suddenly felt hungry...only got a small one, didn't binge or anything..... Thought perhaps this was a turnaround point until today where I feel absolutely sick again and cannot eat. Just cannot figure out if this is my anxiety or a bad reaction to the meds? I've been on fluoxetine before, don't think I remember feeling like this though....
Should I book another doctors appointment?

PunkyFish
28-06-17, 18:53
Since going back on my medication 5 days ago I've found my physical symptoms of anxiety getting a fair bit worse, perhaps significantly so.
I'm nauseas to the point of throwing up on a regular basis (sorry if tmi) and yesterday it gotten to the point where I hadn't eaten for 3 days and I actually ended up getting a takeaway at gone 9pm as I suddenly felt hungry...only got a small one, didn't binge or anything..... Thought perhaps this was a turnaround point until today where I feel absolutely sick again and cannot eat. Just cannot figure out if this is my anxiety or a bad reaction to the meds? I've been on fluoxetine before, don't think I remember feeling like this though....
Should I book another doctors appointment?

Side effects can last a few weeks with this sort of medication as it can actually take up to 12 weeks for them to fully kick in. I had side effects for a few weeks but for me they did eventually go. If you have any concerns talk to your doctor. :)