PDA

View Full Version : Anxious about a weird feeling

HaimingXu
21-06-17, 18:38
I'm not sure if it's a premonition or not, but I woke up one day and randomly thought that someone in my immediate family was going to die when I'm 18. I was 16 when it happened and I'm 17 now. There was no dream (I mean I dreamt about something totally different) but just a weird thought that came into my mind as I woke up. Is it because I really love this person and I'm looking out for this person (not mentioning who for privacy), or is it something far more sinister? Please give me serious answers as I am stressing out at how weird everything is. Thanks!

PixieP
21-06-17, 18:50
Im sure it's not a premonition. I had a dream one night that my son died when he was 18 and I was 46 (for some reason those ages were very specific). Well, there was a period of 4 months where he was 18 and I was 46 and whilst this "premonition" didn't take over my life, I was very conscious of our ages approaching this "crunch time" and was extra vigilant when we got there - made him call me every time he drove somewhere so that I knew he was safe, even checked that he was still breathing when asleep etc.
So......he's now 20 and I'm 48 and we're both still alive and kicking! No premonition, just a bad dream and my behaviour only fuelled my anxiety.
Please see this as just your mind overworking (do you have anything that's causing you stress at the moment?) and pay no heed to this feeling because that's really all it is. Our minds are very good at playing tricks on us!

HaimingXu
26-06-17, 01:07
Bump

Munki
26-06-17, 10:51
I get this too and I refer to it as an intrusive thought. They can be absolutely soul crushing. It's basically your anxiety scrolling through the filing cabinet as I call it, and finding something to attach to your physical anxiety. So it cruelly picks something out that means a lot to you.

I still get this and it's truly awful so I empathise. Try not to let it become all encompassing and tell yourself its just that chimp attempting to play you up!