PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety pain

axolotl
22-06-17, 10:19
I'm always wary of doing symptom posts, but I'm not looking for reassurance, just some tips really.

For most of this year so far I've had aches on my right side, which can range from discomfort that's barely pain, to quite bad, and roams anywhere from my shoulder to my calves, but most often in my chest, abdomen, or thigh.

I've been to a doctor, and they had a poke around and was sure it was muscular. I've been through the whole panic for various things, but the fact it roams so widely, and there's been times where it's gone away for a while, means it's not logical to go looking for any nasty reasons than muscle tension, and I strongly suspect it's yet another physical manifestation of this bloody anxiety.

For those who've had muscle pains due to anxiety, how do you deal with them? Exercise? Rest? Or will they just be there until I'm less stressed?

Timb2
22-06-17, 16:31
I get this all the time. Sometimes it is extremely bad. Worse when stressed!

Fishmanpa
22-06-17, 18:47
I can attest that stress/anxiety causes pain. During the time my wife was ill and in the hospital, you can imagine the added stress and worry I was under. I can attest to many of the common symptoms I see here regularly. The difference is I knew what it was and what was causing it.

Solutions? OTC pain relief, prescription pain relief, a chill pill as needed, rest, stretching, exercise etc. I can also attest as the stress waned, so did the tension induced pain.

Positive thoughts

pAULspybeef
22-06-17, 19:33
I think you answered the question yourself - it is until our bodies are more relaxed but that can take time. I get pains on and off in arms and legs. I keep exercising and try and be mindful of the root cause and try to relax a bit more

axolotl
23-06-17, 13:27
Thanks all, as a HAer I think physical symptoms have a habit of lasting longer, because it's hard to relax as, as much as your logical brain knows it's really nothing to worry about, your mind still cycles through all the "what ifs...", leading to a bit of a feedback loop.