PDA

View Full Version : Shooting pains in chest

Emily101115
22-06-17, 11:43
Hi all not been here for a while as I have been quite well.I lost my Dad very suddenly almost 4 weeks ago,we are just waiting for more results coming back from he's post-mortem as nothing was found when it was preformed.I think maybe this is starting to trigger little thoughts in my head.

I've started getting which happens very spontaneously a sharp shooting pain that feels like it's coming from my heart.It last for a few seconds,only the last time I had it (20mins ago) I felt a little numbness in my left and arm and pain going to my neck.

Should i speak with my go? I've not bothered them for a while now

Emily101115
22-06-17, 19:54
Anyone

swajj
23-06-17, 12:01
Based on the unexpected death of your father it is reasonable to assume that your symptoms are probably related to your anxiety. But sharp pains in the chest should be mentioned to your GP. No one here is going to advise you to ignore them. That would just be stupid.

Mindprison
23-06-17, 12:12
Any matter related to the heart is always worth getting checked out to be on the safe side. Anxiety does cause chest pain so if it's that I'm certain the reassurance will ease the symptoms. No harm in getting checked out.

Emily101115
23-06-17, 14:19
Thank you for replying to me.I have been fine all morning I thought the pain had subsided until 5 minutes ago.Its a sharp shooting pain that feels like starting down near my left rib cage area and it radiates to what feel like my heart.

Fishmanpa
23-06-17, 14:48
Sorry to hear about your dad. No doubt that has added some stress to your life. From my experience, I wouldn't describe heart pains as "shooting" pains lasting a few seconds. That sounds more muscular/nerve related.

Based on your age and what's happened I wouldn't think it was sinister. Just my opinion....

Positive thoughts