PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety bad on Birth control, but it's through the roof after stopping

mismashful2
22-06-17, 18:29
I'm a 20 year-old uni student.

I've been on the pill since I was 14, due to painful periods. Around that time, I developed OCD. 1 year before, my parents divorced, so it may have something to do about it, but it's still around the same time as I started birth control. I changed pills due to migraines (at that age, I didn't really know much about OCD so thought it was 'normal') but the OCD stayed.

I took that new pill for about 4 years (deso 20). I got very angry a lot and was a jealous mess, but again, didn't make the link.

Exactly one year ago (after being on that pill for about 3 years), I started having panic attacks during the summer holidays, out of nowhere. My heart started racing and that was it. I couldn't eat for weeks. It was horrible. I started seeing a counselor and it got slightly better, but it still lingered.

I slowly became depressed (also thinking about suicide), and the OCD got worse. I thought that maybe the pill could be a contributing factor, so I switched to the Nuvaring. Again, didn't get better.

I am depressed and anxious throughout the whole month, but right before my period, it's the worse.
The doctor ran some tests, and they saw that I have a lot of Sex Hormone Binding Globuline, but said that couldn't contribute to it.

Anyway a week ago, I took my ring out. The day before my period, it got worse, and then it got much better.
Normally, I should've put my ring in yesterday, but I decided to quit and see what it gives. Well, since yesterday, I feel awful. I can't function. I'm severely depressed and so anxious.

I thought stopping would make it better not worse? Any experiences? Please :(

snowghost57
22-06-17, 18:39
I would talk to your doctor about your anxiety, depression and OCD. Mood fluctuation is not uncommon prior, during and after a menstrual cycle, gotta bless all those raging hormones we females get! I did have an implant type of birth control under the skin and it turned me into a royal witch.