PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever felt like they were going crazy

Jimmy28
22-06-17, 21:16
I've been suffering from anxiety for 5 years and I've experienced lots of different physical symptoms, but what happened to me today has never happened before. I had just finished my lunch and I went to bed with my phone and started scrolling through facebook. Suddenly, I felt like I was dreaming. My head was attacked by thoughts that were not mine, I did not produce them on purpose. I felt very disconnected from reality, nothing seemed real, it felt exactly like I was dreaming but my eyes were open. There were random scenes going through my mind but none of them were somethingI was thinking about, they just went on and on on their own. I couldn't even remember what was I thinking the next moment. Then my heart started beating like crazy, I felt nauseous and immediately went to the ER. They gave me diazepam and infusion and the hour I was there I still felt like everything was a dream, like I can't remember anything that's real. A psychiatrist came to see me and told me that it's anxiety related. After that, just when I was supposed to go home, I fainted for 3 seconds. They told me my pressure was really low. I felt better in a few minutes and went home. Now I feel okay. I talked to my psychiatrist and she told me to go see her tomorrow, but tried to comfort me that it's a new anxiety symptom. I'm really scared cause this has never happened before and I swear, I thought I was going crazy. By the way, I'm taking escitalopram, have been for 2 years and most of my symptoms like headaches, tachycardia, panic attacks, etc. went away. But what happened today freaked me out. Has this happened to anyone?

Lucia_1989
10-07-17, 11:25
Hiya, sorry I cant help much but just to let you know you are definitely not alone with this as i am experiencing same symptoms at the minute. Ive always had anxiety off and on but my biggest fear is that im going to end up insane. I was doing ok while I was pregnant but since the birth of my daughter in january these strong feelings of unreality have come back and I feel like ive hit rock bottom again. I have read up that the feeling unreal and disconnected is a synptom of anxiety called derealisation depersonalisation look it up on the symptom page. I have a really hard time believing thats all it is though ive been looking up schizophrenia and postpartum phycosis e.t.c and convinced myself ive got it as I just dont feel myself at all my memories are all swirling round in my head nothing seems to make sense. Doc says its postpartum depression but cant shake the fear that its something more than that. If you look at some of my threads youll see as have been posting the same concerns for weeks now I honestly feel like im crazy its the worst feeling ever so can completely sympathise with you.