PDA

View Full Version : Food poisoning

Hypomean
22-06-17, 22:57
I dealt with vomiting, chills, fever, body aches, Sunday morning 1 am the throwing up was a few times. And the stomach discomfort was for the whole day Sunday. Sunday I didn't eat. Monday I only ate once. Tuesday a little bit more but then I felt nauseous. And these last two days I've felt weak. I feel numb at times, like my arms fall asleep easily by just leaning on them. I've had headaches. And I have this bothersome eyebrow contraction, not twitch, my eye brow makes my eye shut by how hard it contracts. And today I've felt off like I'm floating through my day. My arms and legs feel numb, and I feel super nauseous. Could this be from Sunday's thing? I have not really stopped to rest. Heck yesterday we went out to celebrate mother in laws bday and we went to the beach, did lots of walking with minimal drinking of water, and I was tense. We went to an LA beach, the city gets me anxious especially when my kids are involve and one of my kiddos did almost cause a few heart attacks in me by wondering away. :( so I don't know if it's the illness I went through and just not getting the adequate rest my body needs, and that's why I feel run down. Or it's something I should prepare to go to the doctors. Since I have no insurance I do have to pay upfront fees :(.

Fishmanpa
22-06-17, 23:22
It sounds like you're getting better but it's taking a little longer. A bad case of food poisoning like a nasty stomach virus knocks the poo out of you and it takes a least a week to get over it and another week to feel totally back to normal.

Ride it out for a little while. Take an OTC remedy for your symptoms, stay hydrated, get some nourishment into you (a drinkable meal substitute is great when you're feeling queasy. I practically lived off them during my treatment) and get as much rest as you can. If things don't improve then think about the doctor.

Feel better soon

Positive thoughts

Hypomean
23-06-17, 07:57
It sounds like you're getting better but it's taking a little longer. A bad case of food poisoning like a nasty stomach virus knocks the poo out of you and it takes a least a week to get over it and another week to feel totally back to normal.

Ride it out for a little while. Take an OTC remedy for your symptoms, stay hydrated, get some nourishment into you (a drinkable meal substitute is great when you're feeling queasy. I practically lived off them during my treatment) and get as much rest as you can. If things don't improve then think about the doctor.

Feel better soon

Positive thoughts

Thank you Fishmanpa

I have been drinking lots of water today and just taking it easy as I'm ending my day I still feel nauseous. Headaches are less now. Hopefully it will pass and I don't need to do a doctors visit.