PDA

View Full Version : (Ladies) Embarrassing cyst...trusting doc

ak222
23-06-17, 01:14
Went to doc on Monday afternoon with lump thing on labia - found it after I wore a pad and got irritated...she said it was a sebaceous cyst and to use hot packs. Gave me antibiotics if it starts to hurt. Currently trying to get it to come to a head. I said is this anything to worry about, she said "NO"

Scared. I feel like maybe doc misdiagnosed because I have GAD of course...anyone offer reassurance?

Thanks...

NervUs
23-06-17, 01:27
I've gotten those before. Just give it time.

.Poppy.
23-06-17, 03:29
Ugh, I get those sometimes too. They're annoying and uncomfortable but t will go away in a few days. :)

Melonpony
23-06-17, 05:00
Yeah I've had that, too, in hot months. You'll be okay :)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Kay8010
23-06-17, 09:07
I have had something similar to you, I was worried out of my mind, the Dr said to me it was a cyst and it will go, guess what? It did.......give it time, cysts are quite common down below for woman

p.s. DONT fiddle with it......they could get bigger and infected......

ScaredLizard
24-06-17, 00:03
I regularly get them in the hot months. Sitz baths are good and help it go away.

Leslie735
24-06-17, 03:42
I've totally had that before. They can get painful. Sometimes I can get one to pop and other times, not but it ever goes away.

ak222
25-06-17, 01:51
Thank you - made me feel a lot better!

silver_shoes
25-06-17, 02:58
I have one of these at the moment! Visited the GP terrified of vulval cancer, and she told me it's most probably a Bartholin's cyst and I have now got antibiotics and been advised to bathe in Epsom salts. I asked if it could be anything more sinister (she knows I have HA) and she said a definite no. Trying to stay calm about it and not google lol.

HoldingoutforHope
25-06-17, 19:10
Yep. I get those all the time. It's embarrassing but very common for women :D

ak222
26-06-17, 00:28
Guys - heads up...after two weeks of basically putting hot packs on it - it started to come to a head and fluid came out (it was GROSS)...it is right - literally - at the entrance to my hoo hah. Stay patient and use warm compresses.