PDA

View Full Version : Botulism! HELP!

Megan99
23-06-17, 03:10
I recently had a spike in my botulism fear after some people in the united states passed away from eating nacho cheese infected with the toxin. I just had frozen mozzarella sticks that I baked at a temperature of 450 degrees. It said to bake it for 9 minutes, but I pulled them out at 8 minutes. They were well done to me. Now, my extremely irrational mind is wondering if I have botulism??? Can you get botulism from this type of situation??? And it's driving me nuts that botulism symptoms don't appear until 18 hours after. I have to wait a long time before I can know for sure! I'm really freaking out! Help!

.Poppy.
23-06-17, 03:28
Relax - you'll be fine. Mozzarella sticks are pre cooked when they're frozen like that, so they're perfectly safe. :).

Melonpony
23-06-17, 04:59
Yes you're okay, as poppy said they are pre-cooked.
Also, that gas station issue was due to cooking and cooling and then adding cold nacho cheese to the previous batch in a machine that wasn't cleaned etc etc. It wasn't a temperature issue at all. It was really something that happened because of the nature of gas station "cooking" standards.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Megan99
24-06-17, 04:36
Made the idiotic mistake, I could really kick myself, of looking botulism symptoms. And guess what? I feel like I have every one of them. it started when I felt like my eyelid was a little droopy. I looked up the symptoms and now I feel like Im having trouble breathing, in a panicked sort of way, and my mouth feels dry. Of course I know that those are all panic symptoms. But my irrational mind can't help but to convince myself that I have botulism. I've taken therapy and everything! Did the homework I was given. But why can't I convince my own stupid mind that there is nothing wrong with me! I'm having a panic attack over something I know is nothing, yet I can't stop myself! :weep: