PDA

View Full Version : When did you realise your anxiety was getting better?

Mojo61
23-06-17, 19:52
Did you have an epiphany or did your anxiety get better gradually? What was the defining moment that signalled your recovery? :flowers:

Rick(amateur)
23-06-17, 20:12
Anxiety had been weird for me. My first real encounter just got better gradually after my first and only suicide attempt. Guess I just got it all out somehow.

The second time around, it was the realization that I could do what I thought was impossible. I guess it was an epiphany of a sort. The change of mentality really put me in a better situation despite not much else changed. I haven't solved the root of my anxiety but I wasn't as down and depressed as before. :)

Chocolateface
23-06-17, 20:48
Mine was definitely when I started running with a running club, going out 2-3 times a week with others in the fresh air, then realising that all these people that looked 'in control' and 'together' had the same fears and worries as me

Mona38
23-06-17, 21:36
This month. I realized that friends I went on holiday with that I consider to be rock solid and very unflappable were more anxious and obsessional than I was. That was my turning point. I knew then that I was totally zen! This, after 26 years' work.

braindead
24-06-17, 10:00
Mine was definitely when I started running with a running club, going out 2-3 times a week with others in the fresh air, then realizing that all these people that looked 'in control' and 'together' had the same fears and worries as me

running is filled with anxiety sufferers FIGHT AND FLIGHT therapy only this is flight. they run till they are totally spent, a lot become unhealthy with using running has there crutch. So long has you dont overdo it and turn stick thin like some you will be ok . But it can become a obsession every time they have a problem the running shoes come out:shrug: