PDA

View Full Version : Day 5 on 75mg by 3

Turnaround00
24-06-17, 22:33
Anxiety is definitely starting to decrease but the last couple of days feeling very lethargic and struggling to hold myself in yoga poses as no strength. I assume this side effect will go soon.
More importantly, I am getting out. Still getting panic moments but I can control it and I haven't had to take a diazapam in 6 days which I never thought would happen so things are getting there.
Lets see how it goes

littleme92
25-06-17, 12:46
That's good, glad you are seeing an improvement. I hope it continues to get better for you. Keep updating on your progress.

Turnaround00
25-06-17, 16:03
Thanks Littleme. Its like the dizzy panic feeling is really disappearing. I am pushing myself everyday, trying to walk further and further away so I am out of my comfort zone.
Yesterday was the first time I went into town. I had been to local shop but not town. I managed to go in but didn't go in any shops as started feeling dizzy. There was two kids on a skateboard and it was like the noise was going through my head then I was looking at people walking around and it was like I was over stimulated. I guess I would be as I havent been in town for 3 months now. Going to go in every day now and try to just get use to it again.
Seeing my psych on Thursday to discuss meds so hopefully will be useful to see what the longterm plans are.

Utah49er
26-06-17, 17:34
Good job turnaround, take every victory you can...this is tough! Is this your 1st go around with anxiety and taking medication? I found pregabalin very helpful and hoping in conjunction with Paxil I recently started taking, I will stabilize soon. I am starting to see periods where I can feel my old self coming back, so that is encouraging. Hang in there, you are doing great and will get there. I take 600mgs of pregabalin, and honestly don't feel any negative effects, so don't be afraid to ask your doctor for an increase if you need it.

Turnaround00
26-06-17, 18:27
Cheers Utah
Not my first go around at all but my worst one by far!!! I taking 2 mg of valium when I had been panicky for the laat year so think my brain is trying to retrain itself at the mo to fight the panic as off valium one whole week now.
How long are you on the pregabalin? I had a crappy day today which is disapointing as felt was getting better. I made myself go into town again and mangaged to go to bank and shop but then felt that weird tight spacey dizzy feelign on top of my head so I said id go sit in park and regroup and listen to my panic affirmations but kept thinking how far I was from home and was distracted so wasnt really listening to the affirmations then I decided I should go home. Once I got to the half way point I started to calm as I knew home was coming. Its good in one way as I went to town and got to bank etc but annoying that I couldn't control panic. And feeling a bit anxious ever since too.
When will it end.
Are you having any panic attacks on the 600mg and how quickly did you go to 600mg? Have you gained any weight do you mind me asking?
Sorry for all the questions
Thanks

Utah49er
26-06-17, 20:53
Cheers Utah
Not my first go around at all but my worst one by far!!! I taking 2 mg of valium when I had been panicky for the laat year so think my brain is trying to retrain itself at the mo to fight the panic as off valium one whole week now.
How long are you on the pregabalin? I had a crappy day today which is disapointing as felt was getting better. I made myself go into town again and mangaged to go to bank and shop but then felt that weird tight spacey dizzy feelign on top of my head so I said id go sit in park and regroup and listen to my panic affirmations but kept thinking how far I was from home and was distracted so wasnt really listening to the affirmations then I decided I should go home. Once I got to the half way point I started to calm as I knew home was coming. Its good in one way as I went to town and got to bank etc but annoying that I couldn't control panic. And feeling a bit anxious ever since too.
When will it end.
Are you having any panic attacks on the 600mg and how quickly did you go to 600mg? Have you gained any weight do you mind me asking?
Sorry for all the questions
Thanks

I started on Pregabalin in the middle of May, I was taking Klonopin at the time (I had been for 3 weeks). From the 1st dose I was able to quit the konopin, I started at 75x2, went to 75x3 the next week, then 150x3 the next week, then 300x2 the next week. So pretty quick, I started to do much better generally when I got to 150x3 (I haven't noticed much benefit at 300x2 over 150x3, but it is cheaper this way), however I soon after started Paxil as well as the pregabalin is very expensive for me and I did very well on an SSRI (Zoloft) for 8 years. So I am pretty much using the Pregabalin instead of a benzo to help with startup effects, and to help me get on Paxil until the Paxil kicks in. Thus-far it has been pretty effective, I have not needed a benzo, and I feel the Paxil start-up is beginning to subside (been on it 3 weeks, only 2 at a therapeutic dose). The pregabalin is a good drug, and has helped me a lot through a very bad period that I am hopefully beginning to pull out of. I am not sure if taken alone it can get most people to where they need to be, but that is just my experience and looking at others I know and on this forum.

Turnaround00
26-06-17, 21:09
What do you mean it is cheaper this way? Surely a higher dose is more expensive?
Do you intend to stay on the pregabalin with the paxil or will you come off the pregabalin? I think I wasted a lot of time by starting on 25mgs then 50 mgs as didn't get any affect at that level. Like you said with the 75mg by 2 I too noticed it working. I was doing nice on the 75mg by 3 for a wekk then I decided to take the 2 75mg together in morning and 1 75 mg in evening so I am not in a habit of taking a tablet 3 times a day as annoying but have been feeling a bit off since I did that.
Defo helps with not having to take a benzo. I need ot be much better though. I still can't really hold a proper conversation with people and I am meant to be having a meeting with work staff soon to discuss my condition etc but I woun't be able to sit in the room as will get all squirmy and jumpy. I just need that to stop and have my life back.
Paxil was the main anti d I was on. Was on it for about 5 years, probably the best one in my opinion. I only came off it as I felt good but bad mistake as 3 months later I had a massive relapse. You should do well on that drug. Are you having any side effects from either drug?

Utah49er
26-06-17, 23:24
Pregabalin for me is actually the same cost per pill, regardless of the dosage. So 300x2 is cheaper than 150x3. The idea would be that I would come off the pregabalin when I am stable on Paxil, as I was on the lowest dose of Zoloft for years and nothing else. Are you back on Paxil now in addition to the pregabalin, or just pregabalin? I am not having many side effects from either drug, maybe an increase in anxiety and early waking from the Paxil, but those seem to be subsiding a bit. Hopefully I am on the right track now, but it is hard to believe anything will get me there as it has been 5 months of feeling terrible and it feels endless.

littleme92
27-06-17, 00:35
Turnaround - Sorry you are having a bad day today, I am having a bad day anxiety wise as well. Its annoying because you think you are seeing an improvement and then you feel bad again. I suppose we just have to remember that there will be good days and bad days but we will get there eventually.

I hope tomorrow is better for you

Turnaround00
27-06-17, 16:33
Utah I am on prozac 20 mgs aswell. The prozac has done nothing for me as far as I can tell so I would imagine I will be switching to another anti d once stable on the pregabalin. You sound like you are doing well! Are you getting out and about?
Littleme its hard isnt it. Sorry you're not feeling the best either but you're right, we WILL get there eventually. Have you increased your dose? I have been taking 75mg x2 in the morning and 75 x 1 in evening so today I am going to change evening dose to 75 x2 as its been a week.
I am doing my own increases as my doctor is a joke and I am seeing the psychiatrist on Thursday and I told them over the phone that I was going to increase weekly until they see me as doctor is not really doing anything to help me! Bloody doctors eh
Today is a mad day so far, had panic attack earlier but was able to settle it with breathing then after doing some yoga I suddenly got really shakey all over so again panic but just breathing through it now. Has to end eventually. I just want my life back and just go to the shop when I want, go out to the pub or go shopping!!! You know yourself!

Utah49er
27-06-17, 22:00
Utah I am on prozac 20 mgs aswell. The prozac has done nothing for me as far as I can tell so I would imagine I will be switching to another anti d once stable on the pregabalin. You sound like you are doing well! Are you getting out and about?
Littleme its hard isnt it. Sorry you're not feeling the best either but you're right, we WILL get there eventually. Have you increased your dose? I have been taking 75mg x2 in the morning and 75 x 1 in evening so today I am going to change evening dose to 75 x2 as its been a week.
I am doing my own increases as my doctor is a joke and I am seeing the psychiatrist on Thursday and I told them over the phone that I was going to increase weekly until they see me as doctor is not really doing anything to help me! Bloody doctors eh
Today is a mad day so far, had panic attack earlier but was able to settle it with breathing then after doing some yoga I suddenly got really shakey all over so again panic but just breathing through it now. Has to end eventually. I just want my life back and just go to the shop when I want, go out to the pub or go shopping!!! You know yourself!

Yeah I am doing ok, just have pretty severe general anxiety all day. I am working and doing what I can for wife and kids, but it is hard. I own a chain of car dealerships, and we are opening our 3rd store on July 1st, so that is for sure adding to the anxiety knowing I have to be on my A-game when I still feel so unwell. At least I am sleeping better, last 3 nights I have slept to my alarm instead of waking from 4-6 and being unable to go back to sleep. Tomorrow I am in charge of a group of boys in my church group do a "high adventure" camp. This is also causing me stress, but I will clench my teeth and get through it. Have a family vacation in the middle of July, going to Hawaii, and I am desperately hoping the Paxil has really started to kick in by then so I can enjoy the time with my wife and kids.