PDA

View Full Version : Worried About Wife - Cervical Cancer

darkside4k
25-06-17, 02:01
So, last month (May), my wife had to take the Plan B pill because we had an accident. Her period came about a week after taking the pill. This month, we went to the beach. She knew it was around the time of her period so she kept a tampon or pad in while at the beach. Two days before her actual period started, she noticed a very small amount of blood on it. Then her period started two days later (today).

So, now I am pretty freaked out about cervical cancer being a possibility. She had a normal pap smear last March, as well as a normal one two years before that.

She had a young friend that died of cervical cancer so it's freaking me out. Has anyone else had any experience with this?

Melonpony
25-06-17, 02:17
No experience personally, but I think she's okay. My body sometimes has blood a few days before my actual period starts. It's usually lighter, spotty, and not a flow.
If it happens again next month, she could ask her OB about it, but from what you've said, I think she's healthy.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

TattooArtist
25-06-17, 02:34
Oh, man... You need to stop freaking out. This is a *very normal occurrence in the long life and many menstrual cycles of womanhood. Sometimes things spot, start and stop, etc. Stress, diet, illnesd,hormones all play a part. If she has pain, unexplained bleeding for a week or more, etc, then maybe call the doc. For a check up. Otherwise she's fine.