PDA

View Full Version : Chest pain, costochondritis

Pet59
25-06-17, 07:00
Haven't been here in a while. Suppose that's a good thing. Found out I was pregnant which we were delighted with. Was being closely
Monitored because of previous dvt. Had a scan at 6 weeks and all was good. Had a scan at 9 weeks and it's heart had stopped. Had an ERPC.
During this time, I had chest pains. Nothing unfamiliar as I get them in and off. I had recently undergone a full heart MOT, ultrasound, scan, treadmill test, 24 hour monitor and was told no underlying conditions or heart disease. Was still getting the pains and went to my GP who diagnosed me with costochondritis. Potentially due to the size of my boobs and potentially due to them growing because of prgnancy and also potentially because i spend three hours a day driving.
So now I'm back, after my miscarriage, and am now getting these pains again. I'm lying still, fretting, afraid to move in case I get these stabbing pains again in the middle and right side of my chest. I've been rubbing Voltaren gel on it and it seems to help.
I don't want to sink into my health anxiety hell again. Can anyone help?

Jackrabbit
25-06-17, 20:29
Im so sorry about your miscarriage. From the bottom of my heart. Clearly your body is still mentally and physically recovering from that and you should indeed take it easy. I also get pains in my chest and rib muscles that are similar to what you say. Listen to your body and take it slow. I know its silly to say this but try and keep your stress levels down. Do you have someone you can speak to? Like a therapist?