PDA

View Full Version : Stiff Tongue and painful cramp/spasm

siwz991
25-06-17, 11:50
Hey,
Anyone experienced painful tongue cramp? As I stated here already, I had few of them on last few weeks when sticking out my tongue and yawninig. This of course made me super aware of my tongue and it feels really weird now. After these few spasms my tongue is a bit painful and feels weird when I talk, like it's stiff or getting little twitch/spasm. Now I'm not sure if:
- I have strained my tongue and its nerve (i had lymph node anxiety for few months and I overstretched few times my neck looking at the mirror, this was first time I catched this painful cramp, it looked like a hole in my tongue),
- I did some damage to tongue by checking and sticking it for hours,
- I have some disease like BT or.... I dont want to think about this but I'm scared as hell that my tounge wont be normal again.
It's been two weeks when it started, sometimes it's burning a bit, sometimes little spasms and feel weird. Can anyone relate to such problems?

Jackrabbit
25-06-17, 19:52
It doesn't sound too dangerous to me. The tongue is a muscle and like all other muscles it sometimes gets cramped when exerted a certain way. Couldve happened when you were eating, talking, swallowing, etc. Im sure it feels weird because you're more aware of it causing you to be a little hypersensitive about it. I wouldn't worry about it.

siwz991
25-06-17, 21:12
I will try not to be, I feel a bit better with tongue when I'm distracted/relaxed, so it means, this can be partialy related to anxiety... I'm positive I became hypersensitive! But you know, it's very hard for me to distinguish somatization from real symptom :( From the other hand, somatized so many diseases before... damn need some real distraction in my life

MrsBritty
04-07-17, 03:29
I have extreme pain in my tongue for days at a time. I mean it hurts. It's the worst symptom I've had. I've been through lots of medical testing to no avail my neurologist said it's a weird anxiety symptom. I still suffer with worrying about it when it pops up, but it has come and gone and whenever I get it I just reassure myself it will disappear again in time. Hope this is helpful

siwz991
04-07-17, 18:18
Hey, is your tongue burning or having painful spasms sometimes?