PDA

View Full Version : Coughing up blood.

Dazza
25-06-17, 15:26
Hi All,

I used to be in this group almost every day about 9 years ago, but I've been managing my anxiety very well. I went from housebound to now leading a pretty normal life.

A month ago, I was diagnosed with gastritis again (due to stress). So, I've been pretty uncomfortable in the chest / intestinal area recently).

Two days ago, while drinking water, I felt an uncomfortable feeling at the back of my throat, which made me cough. When I did, I brought up about a teaspoon's worth of blood. It hasn't happened since.

So, I wondered if anyone else has experienced something similar, and what happened / diagnosis?

I am trying not to worry not too much, and want to avoid a visit to the doctor if I can, but it's playing on my mind.

Thanks for reading. Dazza

J_Graham
27-06-17, 04:47
I've been coughing pretty regularly for almost two months now. Went to a few different doctors and had all sorts of tests done - eventually diagnosed with GERD. As a result of the coughing I have brought up a little blood once or twice - which I've been told is normal if the throat is irritated.

I'd still go and see the doctor to be sure, but I'm sure you've just nicked something in your throat.