PDA

View Full Version : Feeling of pressure/blockage in left ear?

braginskaya
25-06-17, 17:35
For the past couple of days my left ear has had a strange sensation, as if it's clogged up with something. It isn't painful, and I don't think it's significantly affecting my hearing (as far as I can tell). I've tried popping my ears but I can't do it, the feeling of pressure just increases (as if the air is still trapped behind something)? I haven't had a cold or anything recently, the last time I flew on a plane was a few weeks ago and my ears have since been fine up until now, so I don't know why I have this sensation. Trying not to Google as that usually just makes me feel worse when it brings up potentially deadly conditions, but I'm worried about what might be causing it...

Has anyone else had something similar? How did you deal with it?

Jackrabbit
25-06-17, 19:42
You may have to go to the doctor to have it professionally popped. I get this as well as vertigo. Having a good deep cleaning ( the one with the scope) can help as well.

maianixon
26-06-17, 13:29
I've had clogged ear feeling since February and it came with anxiety. It took me the longest time to accept it's just anxiety, no GP was able to explain it to me, I went to ENT who said my ears are perfectly fine and that he can't helpt me with it, until finally I went to a chiropractor who explained to me that it's due to muscle tension in my shoulders and neck which is reflecting on my ears and anxiety/stress (and in my case bad posture) usually causes that sort of muscle tension in neck & shoulders. Clogged ears can also easily happen with TMJ or jaw tension.

I would recommend you to go to your GP just check your ears but if they say theyre fine this could very easily be from muscle tension, it is one of anxiety symptoms.

Pkstracy
04-02-23, 15:13
I know this is an old thread but I am having this now, I woke up feeling like my right ear is clogged I can hear just fine, and I did the hold nose and blow air and my ear popped and I still feel the clogged, I do have anxiety and I have bad posture, so I am guessing mine is from muscle tension, this is the first time I have had this. It's kind of freaking me out.

joe23_martin
04-02-23, 16:29
Could be tension but for me I warmed some olive oil, put a two drops in my ear and lay on my right side for 5 minutes. Stood up, drained what would come out and since then I have has some wax come out and it felt less blocked..

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Pkstracy
04-02-23, 16:36
I think I am going to try that, thanks Joe..I am thinking I might have ear wax, my ear was fine yesterday not sure if I slept wrong as I do sleep on my stomache with my head turned and lay on my right ear sometimes.

Carnation
04-02-23, 17:22
I've got this too PKstracy. It came after I had the flu virus along with a sinus issue.

Pkstracy
09-02-23, 00:21
Hi Carnation, it went away, Hubby thinks I may have pulled a muscle or pinched a nerve.