PDA

View Full Version : Paranoia and coincidences?

LisaNeedsBraces
25-06-17, 21:44
Hey, first time poster.. abit of a long story but I'm confused/afraid. Before I start it might be useful to mention I've got Aspergers. Anyway, so in 2015 I attempted to travel from the UK to the Netherlands. I had planned a year in advance.. it was all I was looking forward to. So the night came and I drove the car down to Dover (ferry port) and lo and behold 2am about to board and the car refused to start. Was stranded until 7am when recovery finally showed up.. it was the worst possible thing to of happened and at the time I was beyond gutted.

2017 and I'm attempting the trip again next month. From a different ferry port, different newer car with less miles.

But ever since the start of the year lots of small random coincidences have happened or I've done the same in 2015..(without thinking about it until it's happened) it's making me paranoid and afraid to the point where I'm thinking of not attempting the trip.. same random moments that happened in 2015 are happening again this year. - Which didn't happen in 2016. It's making me paranoid and afraid. Even had an election this year which we had in 2015. Literally near enough everything.
I know it's ridiculous but it feels like some little demons are at work and I'm heading directly to disaster again without being able to even attempt to change things. :\ at a loss and losing sleep it's getting so bad now. Any advice or help please? Thanks in advance..

snowghost57
25-06-17, 22:04
I don't know a thing about Aspergers. I am not able to provide advice. I don't know what random "things" that are happening, however, I don't believe little demons are at work. I don't think we can really change things and losing sleep over it isn't going to help. You can make sure that your care is in working order by a certified mechanic to ensure it won't break down. I'm in the States and I don't follow politics. It's all horse whoey to me anyway.

LisaNeedsBraces
25-06-17, 22:15
Getting the car checked. Got it checked in 2015 also mind.. lol. I know from anyones perspective it sounds ridiculous but small random things such as.. social media posts. - travelling to the same places.- playing the same computer games. it feels as if things carry on being the same as in 2015 I'm heading straight for a disaster..