PDA

View Full Version : Does this sound like oral thrush? urgent

Hypochondriac98
26-06-17, 04:04
Hi everyone,

I was here a few weeks ago because I was having some symptoms that my young mind thought were oral cancer. I got over that fear, and now I think I have oral thrush. I went to my GP last week, and I was blatantly dismissed. I can see white patches on the back of my throat, and the back of my tongue looks white and gross. I just brushed my teeth and tongue, and the white icky stuff DID not come off. It's not painful or bleeding, but it's definitely not normal. Doubled with the white patches I see on my throat. i'm 19, I've never smoked, and I've been in a monogamous relationship for almost 2 years, so I'm trying to remain optimistic in the fact that it's most likely not oral cancer (although the bad thought keeps trying to creep in) and merely oral thrush. My throat isn't sore. Nothing in my mouth is sore. My doctor was very rude in saying "it's not oral thrush. I'm going to pull up pictures to show you what it looks like, and show you that it's not what you have. It doesnt look like this does it? you're not bleeding are you? then it's not thrush" Then she barely looked in my mouth/throat, and said "does your tongue always look like this?" I don't know! That's why I'm here! She was more focused on the fact that my lung collapsed a year ago, than my actual mouth symptoms. "wow you've had 2 lung collapses? that's awful, i bet it hurt. how often do you use your inhaler? twice a week? if you use it more than that, you should contact your pulmonary doctor. I might refer you for a chest xray just to be sure everything looks okay" my lung wasnt bothering me, and it HASNT BEEN. I'm having MOUTH symptoms. this is the second time a health concern of mine was dismissed because of my past with a collapse. neitiher one of the issues involved my chest. She gave me an excuse about my nasal turbinates being clogged and sent me on my way, but that doesn't explain the white patches on the back of my throat. They are NOT on my tonsils, they are on the back of my throat. I'm getting anxious and upset because I'm leaving for vacation Thursday, I don't know whats wrong with me, and I wanted to have an anxiety free trip. Does this sound like oral thrush? Like i said, i'm trying to push the thought of cancer out of my head because I dont smoke or drink , or sleep around, but it's hard.