PDA

View Full Version : How do people cope with dizziness?

helenclaire
26-06-17, 08:19
Hi,
I don't know if anyone has any advise but for me the dizziness/lightheaded feeling is by far the worse symptom I have. How are you supposed to ignore it and carry on as normal when you feel like you will fall over or collapse. I am really struggling to function normally. I am walking around the house leaning on things or holding on to things because I feel so unsteady. I even feel off balance when I'm in bed. I didn't even think that was possible :ohmy:

Crispy
26-06-17, 10:30
Hi Helen,

I went to see my GP to highlight my issues with head pressure and dizziness off-balance symptoms similar to yourself. I was prescribed with a drug called Stemetil which I have to say certainly has helped reduce my head pressure but I am running out, need to book another appointment and really don't want to have to live the rest of my life relying on meds just to cope to get through the day :(

Interestingly over the weekend I only took one tablet and didn't feel the need yesterday at all (no head pressure) being a Sunday I connect this with being away from work and relaxed in my own environment. Being a sensitive sort I really believe my anxiety is brought on by being at work or in environments / around people who am not comfortable with. At the end of some days my head pressure / balance is terrible, when I get home I don't feel like doing anything other than eating, watching a bit of tv and then retiring to bed.

Hope this has helped somewhat, take care.

helenclaire
26-06-17, 10:57
Thank you so much for your reply.
I think I will have to go back to doctors. Last time she gave me propranolol but not sure it's helping as I am still feeling bad.
I definately feel worse even at the thought of going anywhere out of my comfort zone.
I have been worrying all weekend about how I am going to be able to go to work today when I feel so bad which I know is making it worse but I just can't stop thinking about it.:shrug:

Crispy
26-06-17, 11:11
You are welcome, it feels good to talk (or type?) about it as if you describe this sensation to most people they do not understand. I think it is a sound move to go back and see your doctor, am going to make an appointment myself for a few weeks.

I don't feel too bad at the moment, but one of my colleagues has spent quite a lot of time this morning talking (and they are quite loud) therefore can just sense my anxiety slowly rising. Looking foward as ususal to getting home :)- despite being one of the most qualified persons in the company I also have real doubts about my ability...

Take care :)

Hollow
26-06-17, 11:22
Hi Crispy,

When you close your eyes do you feel like your head is spinning and you can't quite stand straight? Also is your diziness worse in closed spaces like shops, supermarkets etc and also after concentrating for a while on a computer screen etc? Thanks

Crispy
26-06-17, 13:19
Hi Hollow,

I haven't ntoiced too much difference when closing eyes, just a general unsteadiness that seems to get worse through the working day. I do work at a computer station during the day which I guess doesn't help ? I do feel worse in crowded situations, such as town centres shopping etc.

Who knows why certain people have this problem, yet others are lucky enough to be unaffected :shrug:

Hollow
26-06-17, 13:45
Hi Hollow,

I haven't ntoiced too much difference when closing eyes, just a general unsteadiness that seems to get worse through the working day. I do work at a computer station during the day which I guess doesn't help ? I do feel worse in crowded situations, such as town centres shopping etc.

Who knows why certain people have this problem, yet others are lucky enough to be unaffected :shrug:

Thanks for your reply. Yeah i think computer screens make it worst. I used to get it a lot when i used to walk around especially in supermarkets. I went to a chiropractor once, he said i needed a adjustment to my neck because it's not moving freely. So he did the adjustment (basically cracked my neck to the left). I think it has made a difference but i haven't been able to test it as i haven't been out much but i don't get as dizzy walking around the house.