PDA

View Full Version : Really finding it hard

EJO
26-06-17, 12:41
Hi all
I'm a regular lurker on this forum. Some of you may know this already but at Christmas I suffered an episode of atrial fibrillation after two nights of heavy drinking. The doctors believed it to be holiday heart and that I should be fine as there was no underlying conditions or structural defects. They also said to stay off alcohol for a month in order to recover. I have not felt 'right' ever since. For the first two months, I seemed to be feeling normal again but in mid-March after a night out, my anxiety has imploded in me and I have been suffering ever since. Two summers ago I had a unsettling incident where I was spiked while on holidays with friends which left me injured with a collapsed lung and a broken wrist and partially sprained ankle. This memory as well as the incident at Christmas has left me an emotional wreck. I have had numerous EKGs, a 48 hr holter monitor, abdominal ultrasound, chest x-rays and blood tests which all appeared to be fine. Yet the symptoms persist. I feel as if I never have a satisfying breath, chest tightness, weakness etc. The list is endless really. I just want to be normal again. I can't stop thinking that there is a problem with my heart. My panic attacks are very severe and I am always wondering if it is afib or just a panic attack. I have been like this intensively for four months straight. I am currently coming to the end of my internship abroad and am hoping to get a stress test done when I'm back. I just feel miserable and hopeless as I've been trying CBT counselling since April and yoga, meditation etc.
Thank you for reading this and I would appreciate it so much if you replied!