PDA

View Full Version : echo results..

Worrygirl32
26-06-17, 17:20
everything showed normal, however it said IMPAIRED LV RELAXATION
i googled and i completely freaked myself out.
i am 25, i don't have hypertension. what can this mean??
my follow-up appointment is not for another 2 weeks

FINDINGS
Left Ventricle Normal left ventricular cavity size and LV geometry. Normal global systolic function. The calculated 2D
EF is 61 % by Simpsons biplane method. No regional contraction abnormalities identified.
Impaired Lv relaxation. LA pressures estimated to be within normal limits.
Right Ventricle Normal chamber size with normal longitudinal systolic function, measured TAPSE 2.1 cm.
Left Atrium Normal left atrial size.
Right Atrium Normal right atrial size.
Atrial Septum Normal thickness. Grossly intact.
Aorta The sinuses of Valsalva, sinotubular junction and proximal ascending aorta are normal in caliber.
Mitral Valve Systolic bowing/flattening of mitral leaflets without definite prolapse. No significant stenosis or
regurgitation.
Aortic Valve Structurally trileaflet. No significant stenosis or regurgitation noted by Doppler/color Doppler
interrogation.
Tricuspid Valve Structurally normal without significant stenosis noted by Doppler/color Doppler interrogation.
Mild TR.
The TR signal is inadequate to estimate an RVSP.
Pulmonary Valve No significant stenosis or regurgitation noted by Doppler/color Doppler interrogation.
Vessels The main pulmonary artery is normal caliber. The inferior vena cava is normal in size with appropriate (>
50%) respiratory variation. The estimated RA pressure is 3mmHg.
Pericardium No pericardial effusion.
Other Findings Patient noted to be in a sinus tachycardia during the entire study.

CONCLUSIONS
Normal left ventricular cavity size, normal global systolic function.
No hemodynamically significant valvular heart disease.
Mild TR.
Impaired LV relaxation. Normal estimated left atrial filling pressures.

what does the mean?!?!?!??!!

Goblin88
26-06-17, 21:07
Has your cardiologist discussed these findings with you? I'm assuming they have since you have a copy of the findings. Impaired LV relaxation is common with hypertension, but also is reversible if in stage 1(there are 3 stages)

If you're in stage one, you're not really in any danger and should discuss this further with your cardiologist as they are the only one who can give you the correct medical advice.

Everything else looks to be perfect, do you best to think about that until you can talk to your doctor again. Remember, they are here to help us :)

Fishmanpa
26-06-17, 21:28
Best to just make a phone call if you're that concerned. No one here can interpret the results. I do see a heck of lot of the word "normal" written down.

Positive thoughts

Worrygirl32
26-06-17, 22:10
@goblin no my doctor has not gone over it with me. I have access to my medical record online. My appointment is in another 2 weeks. That's why I was so freaked out about. But the thing is I don't have hypertension..... at least not that I know of. I'm 25 and no doctor has told me I have hypertension. And that's what I kept finding on google that it is probably related to that.

Aleman200
26-06-17, 22:13
I'm 25 and no doctor has told me I have hypertension.

There's your answer. Google is NOT a doctor and never ever will be. If no doctor has diagnosed you with it despite theses tests and results then you dont' have it, simple! Rather than worrying about results you're not trained to understand just accept that you're okay and get on with things! :)

Worrygirl32
26-06-17, 23:45
I'm honestly becoming more worried. If it's not the hypertension causing the impaired lv relaxation. Then what else could it be?? There isn't a lot of info about this on google.

---------- Post added at 22:45 ---------- Previous post was at 21:53 ----------

You guys depression is really getting to me strongly right now. This is eating me away.

Fishmanpa
27-06-17, 00:41
The word "Normal" was written 15 times in that report. With my experience in heart issues, if there was a threat, you wouldn't wait two weeks I assure you.

Positive thoughts

Worrygirl32
27-06-17, 01:19
Ah fish!! With the wise words once again!! Yes absolutely. Throughout the whole paragraph normal was most definitely emphasized. I guess I shouldn't be too worried. Way to put things in perspective!! I'm gonna have to log off google. It's just damaging to my spirit. Instead of thinking the worst I need to be more open minded that it's not something so alarming.

Goblin88
27-06-17, 01:59
Google will always only further feed health anxiety. Websites on google will give you the worst possible results to cover their asses "just in case"

As fish always says, positive thoughts, fight for them. Rest your mind on all the times "normal" was mentioned in this report. also remember that these doctors are well trained and if there was anything they were concerned about, you would have been contacted. They aren't just going to let something serious slide and just see you when they see you.

Breathe in, breathe out. You're fine now, and you'll be fine after you talk to doctor.

Hypomean
27-06-17, 06:05
From what I've been told is that if anything showed up they would know and you'd be in the hospital or getting test done within hrs of getting the results in. If the results are in the normal range they'll just wait until your scheduled appointment. And from what they said "that's means you are in the clear"

Worrygirl32
27-06-17, 17:28
ECHO UPDATE***********
I gave in and messaged my doctor. Lol unfortunately I woke up this morning and was still very concerned. So I sent them a message online, the nurse responded with DRUM ROLL PLEASE***

The nurse spoke with the doctor and there is nothing at all to be concerned about. No significant findings at all. Echo looks normal!!!!!

Omg just goes to show anxiety can have you stressing and worrying about nothing. Glad this worry was put to rest for good!!!

Fishmanpa
27-06-17, 17:35
Echo looks normal!!!!!

Aaand... Here's your "Told ya so!" ;)

Positive thoughts