PDA

View Full Version : Feeling sick on Escitalopram

Bellaaa13
27-06-17, 09:52
Yesterday I took my first dose of Escitalopram (Cipralex) and woke up this morning feeling very nauseous. It was only 5mg as I'm meant to slowly increase to 20mg, but if I'm already having side effects on such a small dose then I'm concerned about increasing.

I've taken the same drug before a few years ago and I don't remember having any side effects except tremors so I'm not sure if it really is the Escitalopram making me feel ill or if it's something else. I feel fine otherwise so I don't think I'm ill and don't know what else could've caused it.

What do you think? Has anyone else experienced this?

panic_down_under
27-06-17, 12:49
I've taken the same drug before a few years ago and I don't remember having any side effects except tremors so I'm not sure if it really is the Escitalopram making me feel ill or if it's something else.

Nausea is a common initial SSRI side-effect so the escitalopram is a possible candidate. For reasons which aren't that clear side-effects seem to become progressively more severe and/or different each time antidepressants are discontinued and restarted.

Ginger and/or vitamin B6 supplements may help.

Bellaaa13
27-06-17, 13:13
Nausea is a common initial SSRI side-effect so the escitalopram is a possible candidate. For reasons which aren't that clear side-effects seem to become progressively more severe and/or different each time antidepressants are discontinued and restarted.

Ginger and/or vitamin B6 supplements may help.

Thanks for the info, that explains it. I'll try some ginger and see if it helps.