PDA

View Full Version : Is this psyhosis?

scareeed
27-06-17, 11:52
Hi, i have been diagonsed with GAD for 3 months now and i have had a lot of intrusive thoughts, now for a last few days i cant stop thinking am i goin crazy, wil i become shizophrenic or get any other psihosis or some kind of paranoia and begin to believe that everyone is against me ...its freaking me out , and today its even worse , i had a hair cut in same barbershop like i always do for the last 2 years and girl who is cuting my hair changed her hair and i said to myself she looks diffrent today, she smiles diffrent today,what if she is not the same person,what if someone planted someone else here like in some movies and then freaks me out , i began to thinking wow thats how people with paranoid psihosis probably thinks....it freaked me out :( i have my therapist in 2 weeks because of GAD and im scared to even say that to her because i think they will put me in mental hospital....Does someone has the same experiance, is this psihosis or beginining of psihosis or just another stupid irational intrusive thought? Im 32 male without any mental diseases in my family?

sheslostcontrol
27-06-17, 12:11
Hi. :)

No, it is not psychosis - in general, psychotic people don't realise they are psychotic. It's most likely derealisation/depersonalisation and very unpleasant, disturbing intrusive thoughts. Since you're anxious, it might be you are more aware and notice things more and that can make thoughts like this appear. Don't worry, as your anxiety gets better, this should as well.

Don't be afraid to tell your therapist about it, that is what they are here for.

Have a nice day. :)

scareeed
27-06-17, 15:35
Thank you for reply. Is it possible that intrusive thought turn to psyhosis eventualy or is it greater risk developing psyhosis because of intrusive thought?

sheslostcontrol
27-06-17, 16:17
Thank you for reply. Is it possible that intrusive thought turn to psyhosis eventualy or is it greater risk developing psyhosis because of intrusive thought?

Well, from what I know about the subject, no, I wouldn't say so. As long as they are just thoughts and you are aware of them and know that they are nonsense, you should be okay (I'm no psychiatrist, though). When you're psychotic, you don't realise that, you think the whole world is wrong, not you, but the others.

I hope therapy will help you overcome this. :) Intrusive thoughts can be worrying, I know.

Have a nice day. :)

MyNameIsTerry
27-06-17, 16:41

No. Psychosis means you are inside of the situation and believe it to be completely true. You wouldn't be on here asking, you would be engaging in whatever context of takes.

We've got peopleon here who know people who've been through it and they were not questioning what it was. What they described was very different to intrusive thoughts. They are busy fighting those they thought were out to get them, ringing the police, etc. They couldn't see outside of it at all, you can see things rationally.

Intrusive thoughts can be experienced by anyone but anxiety certainly can make them more Intense. But you are still you and your deeper moral systems linked to your identity will still work to say the content of the thoughts is wrong, which is why you are reacting so strongly against them.

You won't turn into the monster in thoughts. They aren't powerful enough to change your strongest beliefs about right & wrong.

scareeed
30-06-17, 18:32
What about paranoia , i have this paranoid thoughts or somthin like that ,for example: want to drink water at work and i think to myself maybe someone poisoned the water, afcorse i drink it because i know its not tru, or i see some people and this thought pop in my mind maybe they want to hurt me or have some conspiracy against me, but again i know its ridiculous, or that goverment will hunt me....but i know its not tru again and on and on....Maybe because i read a lot about paranoid desorder....but its scaring me that maybe it is the begining of disorder....Is it because anxiety, intrusive thought...?

Fishmanpa
30-06-17, 18:48
As mentioned, someone who suffers from psychosis doesn't realize it. It's best to be evaluated by a mental health professional before jumping to any conclusions as to what might be troubling you.

Positive thoughts

MyNameIsTerry
01-07-17, 05:02
What about paranoia , i have this paranoid thoughts or somthin like that ,for example: want to drink water at work and i think to myself maybe someone poisoned the water, afcorse i drink it because i know its not tru, or i see some people and this thought pop in my mind maybe they want to hurt me or have some conspiracy against me, but again i know its ridiculous, or that goverment will hunt me....but i know its not tru again and on and on....Maybe because i read a lot about paranoid desorder....but its scaring me that maybe it is the begining of disorder....Is it because anxiety, intrusive thought...?

These sound like intrusive thoughts.

Paranoia is common with anxiety. And the themes in some people's anxiety can focus more outwardly like fear of poisoning or harm by others.

I always found paranoia came when my overall anxiety levels were very high and when they were not it would go away.

Someone suffering from the kind of paranoia experienced in an episode of psychosis or delusion wouldn't be able to overrule it like you did. They would completely believe it to be true and act against it to protect themselves.