PDA

View Full Version : Tingling legs???

londongirl92
27-06-17, 12:51
So for over a week now I've had a strange tingling feeling in my legs (mostly the right calf/shin but occasionally the left). Every time I google it, all I see is MS websites and forums so now I'm panicking like crazy.

Has anyone else every experienced this?

maianixon
27-06-17, 13:03
This can very easily be anxiety or a number of different reasons rather than MS. Also I have been told by a doctor just a couple of days ago that MS symptoms are usually localized so if you're getting it on both legs it doesn't sound like it (at least thats what ive been told ive been having similar symptoms). I would really suggest you stay off google and avoid thinking that it could be MS, because MS fear is such a slippery slope, I have made a mistake of falling into it and have been trying to get out of it for over a month now and it's still constantly on my mind. So try not to worry too much, I know im such a hypocrite saying this, but pins and needless just happen sometimes

axolotl
27-06-17, 13:09
So for over a week now I've had a strange tingling feeling in my legs (mostly the right calf/shin but occasionally the left). Every time I google it, all I see is MS websites and forums so now I'm panicking like crazy.

Has anyone else every experienced this?

I had this in my face, hands, arms, legs, feet, back, belly... and still do when I'm stressed.

I had the MS fear, my first big HA spiral, but after a lot of tests it turned out to be nothing more than anxiety, and a possible slight B12 deficiency.

MS, from my layman's understanding, affects particular nerves and doesn't roam - appearing in both legs counts as two body parts.

londongirl92
27-06-17, 14:25
Thank you so much for your replies! Definitely trying not to let my mind get carried away. What's weird is that I can only feel it when I'm wearing shorts and my legs are bare. The moment I put jeans or any other full length trousers on, the tingling and strange sensation disappears.
Any ideas??

axolotl
27-06-17, 14:52
Thank you so much for your replies! Definitely trying not to let my mind get carried away. What's weird is that I can only feel it when I'm wearing shorts and my legs are bare. The moment I put jeans or any other full length trousers on, the tingling and strange sensation disappears.
Any ideas??

To be honest it could be a case of you thinking you've seen a pattern and you're sensing it with bare legs because you're expecting it. I'm not saying it's not real, but on the other hand things like itching and tingling are very easy for your mind to tell itself it's experiencing (start thinking about headlice for a few moments and see how your scalp feels).

HoldingoutforHope
27-06-17, 15:45
Do not rely on Google to give you an answer. It will always give you results of ALS/MS. Anxiety can very well make you extremely sensitive to your body (my feet are vibrating as we speak) Have you tried a chiropractor? Tingling could be the result of your spine being out or a nerve bring pinched. :)

londongirl92
28-06-17, 23:53
Seeing the doctor tomorrow about this strange tingling in my legs, panicking so much right now as it's such a bizarre symptom !

londongirl92
05-07-17, 19:29
Hey all, just a quick update. After seeing my doctor, he put the tingling down to post viral symptoms. It didn't sound right to me because I couldn't remember feeling unwell apart from a bad sinus migraine that lasted for two weeks (the tingling started when it subsided). So it's possible. After doing some research of my own I have come to understand that sciatica also causes tingling in the legs, and also meralgia parasthesia which is simply nerve compression from injury or - wait for it - SKINNY JEANS. Since I've been squatting I have noticed that my jeans have got significantly tighter around my thighs, and the tingling is at its worst the moment I remove them. So throw away jeans that are too tight, and shoes that are too tight (can contribute to irritation of the sciatic nerve) and for anyone who is taking anti acid medication, check your B12 levels because they will most likely be on the floor as a result. Anyway, I have lots of info. If anyone wants to get in touch, feel free. But most importantly, try not to drive yourself into the ground with worry like I did.