PDA

View Full Version : Head Heaviness and Squeezing

Nobrightside
27-06-17, 16:18
25 yrs old.
History of extreme anxiety since high school. Manifests itself in different forms and seems to evolve as soon as I learn to cope with or master its last form.
Started having shooting nerve pains all over body past few weeks.
Had blood tests.
CT scan.
Not diabetic.
Nerve pain eventually lessened but now having super worrisome and intrusive head pressure that gets so tight and heavy that it throws my whole body off.
I'm overweight but have started using a BIPAP machine for sleep apnea and have been having recent success losing weight slowly but surely.
Have tried exercise to make the head pressure stop. It helps get my mind off of it slightly but that's it.
Tried Ibuprofen.
Taking Gabapentin, Citalopram, Clonazepam, and Propranalol.
Was given hydrocodone for recent nerve pain. Took this med the same day head pressure started.

Obviously not asking for miracle diagnosis/cure on here but does anyone think, given the history and context info I've provided, that they might know what this could be or could at least relate to it and ease my mind?

I have a neurologist appointment but it's months away. Not sure how I'll last until then.

Thanks for reading.

.Poppy.
27-06-17, 20:25
It sounds a lot to me like a tension headache. I always had migraines, so my first tension headache was actually pretty scary for me - but it did go away. Anxiety/sleeping bad brought it on and no doubt prolonged it as well (it lasted for days before I finally went to the doc).

Strange question, but have you considered visiting a chiropractor? Something in your alignment may be off and/or your may have a trapped nerve somewhere.

Nobrightside
28-06-17, 00:01
It makes sense to me why someone would visit a panic forum while in their own crisis to seek help like I did. But to take the time to give others advice is a true selfless kindness. Thank you, Poppy!

I saw my therapist today and she thought it was a tension headache too.

Good idea with the chiropractor. Definitely an option. If anyone else has any ideas let me know.

Username2
28-06-17, 12:47
Going through something very similar, head pressure left hand side and bottom of neck, slight dizziness, the worrying definitely makes it worse though. I hope that you find the answers you are looking for.

An eye test would also reassure you I think. It helped a lot for me.