PDA

View Full Version : Constant song loops and thoughts is this anxiety

Chrysmar09
27-06-17, 16:58
Lately my mind has been playing random songs when i wake up and when i am not distracted. Its making me scared that its something wrong with me. It jumps some song to song and its just part of a song. Same with my thoughts at times. If i distract myself or im busy I have a clear mind. But its scary I feel like im.going crazy. Is this normal with anxiety

Phuzella
27-06-17, 17:04
It's normal for everyone. They call a song that gets stuck in your head an ear worm. It'll go don't worry. It's not a real worm of course :)

MyNameIsTerry
27-06-17, 17:12
I think they are called Ear Worms. I've had them too. And I've seen schizophrenia worry members on here have them. They've also had the DP/DR I think I saw you post elsewhere too.

If you look them up, there are exercises known to break the loops..

Something to remember with anxiety is that you can have racing thoughts. You feel like your mind is thinking far too much. Some of this can be due to stimulation of a certain neurotransmitter but the brain always tries to re balance with it's opposite number.

And the brain is busier than we realise. When anxious we tend to start noticing what we didn't before, just like the normal sensations in our body that we question.

---------- Post added at 17:12 ---------- Previous post was at 17:06 ----------

Here's a member who has had this:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=187513

I've spoken to Nick loads. He has similiar worries to you except be also has physical condition worries too.

Chrysmar09
27-06-17, 17:13
Yes I was so afraid this was me turning into a schizophrenic. It feels like my thoughts are all over the place at times and random i thought it was apart of disorganized thinking and "word salad" i had a panic attack last night because I was sure of it. Also I am 33 I was told schizophrenia starts in women in thier early thirties. Am I still at risk?

MyNameIsTerry
27-06-17, 17:16
It's normal for everyone. They call a song that gets stuck in your head an ear worm. It'll go don't worry. It's not a real worm of course :)

Not like the ones in Star Trek The Wrath of Khan :biggrin:

Phuzella
27-06-17, 17:19
I can never watch that scene Terry. :D

Fishmanpa
27-06-17, 17:22
I'm a musician and I constantly have songs running through my head! ~lol~ It's normal for me :)

Positive thoughts

Chrysmar09
27-06-17, 17:26
I love music but with my fear of schizophrenia so high its messing with me. I am going to see my therapist today and im breaking down everything including the earnworms so i can finally get over this...

Fishmanpa
27-06-17, 17:33
I love music but with my fear of schizophrenia so high its messing with me. I am going to see my therapist today and im breaking down everything including the earnworms so i can finally get over this...

People who legitimately schizo or psychotic don't realize it. When I was in treatment, I had an adverse reaction to the steroids they gave me during chemo which caused steroid induced psychosis. I don't really recall anything being out of the ordinary but my wife and the psych staff at the hospital knew something was wrong by my behavior and answers to certain questions. I was taken off the steroids and given meds to bring me out of it. It's all a fuzzy memory but I do recall wanting to get out of my truck in downtown Baltimore and go after someone that apparently cut me off. If you know anything about downtown Baltimore, it's not the wisest thing to do ;)

I think it's a good thing to bring up with your therapist as I'm sure there are techniques to practice that will help you.

Positive thoughts

Chrysmar09
27-06-17, 17:46
Lord I know about baltimore. Im glad you are ok. My counselor told me i am way out of the age bracket for schizophrenia being that im 33 but i still read stories of women getting it late in life. My aunt was schizophrenic and i dont know much about her. Its so scary to me. Ive had anxiety all my life and during each breakdown it manifest in some kind of different way. I wish i didnt have this it makes life miserable. I have a 12 year old and im always worried she will end up like me :weep: