PDA

View Full Version : Severe dizziness at night

beadbabe
11-05-07, 09:45
Hi there
The last few days when I am lying in bed at night I am getting really severe feelings of vertigo in my head. It completely prevents me from going to sleep. My head feels like it is churning inside a dishwasher - really badly... not in a mild way like I have often felt before.

Does anyone else get this?

Help!

Cindy
11-05-07, 11:18
Hi I woke up this morning and it was like my room was literally turning it was terrible.Anyway on my wat to work I had the worst dizziness ever and it's later on in the day and I don't feel that bad but still stuck with dizziness which is accompanied with a kind of tension headache

so yes I think its just anxiety again
Hope you feel better soon
lotsa love

spiral
12-05-07, 15:58
i get this frequently. i've always felt like the room was spinning or i was really high up when trying to sleep since i was a kid. it's worse when i'm not tired enough. i normally read or watch tv until the need to sleep is stronger than the dizziness. i find that regular exercise helps bcos i'm more tired when i go to bed and i don't wake up so many times with the feeling.
hope you find something that helps.

looking4answers
12-05-07, 21:36
Yes,Mine is mostly caused by sinus..I think that you will find your symptoms to get better if you prop your head up slightly and keep it elevated so that they fluids can drain down into your throat instead of staying lodged in your head and it will help.I have had the same problem and find that the sinuses cause the inner ear to do this at night.. Try keeping your head slightly elevated and I think you will find an improvement..Also if you feel any conjestion in your head anywhere try getting a hot water bottle and put it on that part of your head and keep it hot..or at least warm..Good luck..Michael

This post has been automatically edited by the NMP post filter

cassi23
08-05-09, 18:14
Hi,

i suffered with this last night, scared the living daylights out of me!
Was just lying there and the room seemed like it was spinning and i was falling to one side...just how i feel when totally drunk! Horrid experience. I do have cold and had bad headache at the time but im sure its due to anxiety too, i panicked when i felt it and it then seemed to get worse!

cassi xxx

jessieblue
09-05-09, 15:59
I have been having similar feelings to this for the last 2 months. I also get it during the day on and off all day. It still scares me, some days I let it worry me more and it seems worse. Other days I try not to fear it and sometimes it is almost not there. I wish it would go away it makes me very nervous and afraid to do anything. I hope you feel better soon. Do you get dizzy during the day?

BasilCat
09-05-09, 18:21
Hi Beadbabe, I have had that feeling very severely too. It was about 18 months ago! I was in bed on a Saturday morning when it woke me up!!!!! That is a very good description of it, like your head is churning in a washing machine or something. I know that I was terrified at the time and although it only lasted 30 seconds ( at a guess) it felt like 30 years!! I was so shocked by it that I cried all weekend - plus I was suffering anxiety at the time too and after 3 years, am only just getting over it! I have never been so scared though and thought I was having a stroke or something. The doctor told me it was positional vertigo and said I should elevate the bed head. I did this and have been better since. However, about 2 weeks ago, I had a milder version and managed to tell my self to lie still and relax and it would go. Seconds later it had gone. In between these 2 times. I often have feelings of dizziness (brief) and lack of balance when I am in bed. Not as bad as what happened 18 months ago but unpleasant all the same. I get sick of it. I understand how you feel Beadbabe because it is absolutely terrifying. Every now and again I get dizzy spells in the day but its only about once a year. 3 years ago I was in Woolies cafe when I went dizzy and landed on my knees!! It soon stopped. I was still shaken though. I know how you feel anyway.

Shirley

BasilCat
10-05-09, 10:22
Hi again, I had another night of being dizzy and off balance when I was trying to get to sleep last night! It seems to happen just as I am drifting off to sleep - I dont know if you know what I mean. And another way of describing that severe dizziness is to liken it to a washing machine being INSIDE your head. At least thats how if feels for me. The room isnt going round but it feels like something inside my head is. I cant understand any of this really as it doesnt happen every night. The severe dizziness happened twice although it was not as bad the second time. And the dizziness that comes when I am falling asleep like I was last night is a different dizziness. But I can go a few weeks at a time when that doesnt happen at all, then it comes back to trouble me again like it is at the moment. I must admit that being dizzy terrifies me, probably because I feel out of control. And now, when I have considered all my life that my bed was the safest place in the whole world, I have been proved wrong! I dont see my bed as a "safe place" anymore.

Shirley

alba
10-05-09, 11:44
this morning i woke up i feel so light headed dizzy, and the whole day tdy i sleep, from morn 10am i sleep then wake up again few times until now when i wake up and want to do work i feel so so sleepy tired and slep, so i sleep all the tme, sometime i am so scared of going out, becos 3hen i met people outside i felt so dizzy light head and drowsy, and i get so irritated and angry

BasilCat
11-05-09, 09:00
Sorry you are having such a rough time Alba. Have you seen a doctor? Perhaps one would come to your house as they do here in the UK?

I was better in bed last night and had no dizziness at all! I cannot understand it because I can have it for weeks and then it stops and doesnt trouble me.

By the way, I forgot to mention that I am 90% recovered from the anxiety and do not think my dizziness in bed is in any way linked to the anxiety.

Shirley