PDA

View Full Version : just got back from my doctors appointment here's what they said

Thelegend27
28-06-17, 01:09
So for anyone who has read my past threads knows the struggle I've been in with anxiety so I figured I'd give an update.

My lymph nodes being palpable the doctor suspects the cause to be a broken infected tooth.

My liver enzymes was elevated from a cbc I had in January my ast is normal but my apt is 83 normal range is 9-40 but this was following a cold o had where I took a lot of tylenol and the doctor thinks that was the reason so I go back in a month for another cbc but I can't take any tylenol or meds that could elevate the enzymes until then.

---------- Post added at 19:09 ---------- Previous post was at 18:13 ----------

I forgot to mention that I got set up with a therapist and prescribed meds for anxiety.

Fishmanpa
28-06-17, 01:18
I got set up with a therapist and prescribed meds for anxiety.

That's great! What meds did they prescribe? Dosage? Have you started yet? If not, when are you starting? When is your first appointment?

Positive thoughts

Thelegend27
28-06-17, 04:01
7.5 mg of buspirone 2x daily. Haven't started it yet, I was looking into the side effects.

I'm not going to lie the elevated liver enzymes have me a little anxious, I'm 26 years old, never been a drinker at all, I'm not over weight so i dont have the risk factors.

My mother has liver problems but shes also a diabetic and i am not.

I am confident it's because of the tylenol I had been taking prior to the cbc I had In January for a sore throat, I'm not sure why they didn't mention it in January but they just now told me today but they only had that one cbc from January so I don't know what my numbers are now, I go back in a month for more tests but my doctor said she's confident that it was the tylenol. All my other levels we're normal but my ALT was double that of normal which I did read where in a study of people taking the Max dosage of tylenol for 1-2 weeks had a drastic increase in ATL which spiked up to 5 times that of normal.

Only time will tell and I just hope my anxiety doesn't get the best of me mean while, I have to stay off Google.