PDA

View Full Version : I feel like i cant go on..

bethnie_j
11-05-07, 10:15
Im so tired of living like this
ive had panic attacks for about 10 years
there have been times when ive not been able to cope..
but ive always recovered
but this time..its got really bad..im struggling to go out..ive got my AS exams next week and i feel as if i cant face it..
i wont be able to concentrate completely..

luckily i start my CBT today.. although i dont believe its going to work in the slightest..i feel incureable..

beadbabe
11-05-07, 10:19
Hi there
I know this is really hard. I am suffering really badly too at the moment.
hav eyou tried visualisation. I notice you use the little penguin Happy Feet motif as your icon. Try to visualise something really happy or funny as often as you can. My hypnotherapist is trying to teach me this. You need overtake the fear feelings with something nice. And if you've seen the film Happy Feet you'll know how cute the little penguin fella is. It sounds really silly and easy but even if you can imagine something nice for a second it builds up a connection for nice stuff in your brain.
All the best

yorkylover
11-05-07, 15:43
http://www.yourcoolprofile.com/Images/Hugs_And_Kisses/images/hugs-kisses--10.gif Thing will get better:hugs:

neptuno
11-05-07, 17:19
Hello Beth !
You've got alot going on right now - and exams are a really stressful time without piling on the axiety about other stuff. You're on a treadmill of anxiety and stress that you need to break. But YOU CAN GO ON !

I learned this tip for stres-busting today, I hope it helps you ....
Put your hands together as if you're saying prayers - then bridge your fingers so just the tips are touching, and firmly tap them against each other. (The science bit is that the tapping stimulates all the energy meridians in one go) also say to yourself "I'm tapping coz I'm anxious" at the same time (this stimulates left/right brain thinking). Ihope this brings your stress levels down and gives you some control. Its great in an emergency i.e.panic
Be kind to yourself

up a ladder
11-05-07, 18:17
I know CBT worked very well for me.
Try to go at it with an open mind and it can work very well.
Not sure why, because most of if is very obvious, but it may be the fact that you learn to build evidence against the expected anxiety attacks.

I wish you luck with the CBT and the exams.

Ellen70
11-05-07, 18:47
Hi Bethnie, I really empathise with you. My panic etc started at your age and I remember the terror I felt as if it was yesterday and not 20 years ago. I am doing pretty awful myself at the moment so please remember that you aren't alone and come in here to chat or post or pm someont at any time. Also don't keep it all bottled up inside of you, I used to do that and it made me worse. Phone a helpline like the Samaritans or No Panic (they will phone you back if you can't afford the call on your mobile) and remember your wellbeing is far more important than exams at the moment. I didn't do my A Levels until I was 20 :)

Take care and have compassion for yourself

Eibhlin xxx

KLK1107
11-05-07, 19:22
I can really relate to you Bethnie... my panic attacks have recently relapsed because I went off of my medication about 3 months ago... I swear the minute that last bit of prozac was out of my system, they started haha... but anyways, I am back on Prozac now, and I am more anxious then ever... I think a side effect of prozac is anxiety which is great considering that's what triggers panic attacks for me... I am also emetophobic and prozac makes my appetite very low, which therefore makes my stomach feel like crap because I am not eating, so that causes them too...

Like you, I too have school and it is the hardest thing to get there when you are having panic attacks... I graduated with my associates on Wed. and let me tell you , that dady I must have taken so much xanax because I was so scared I was going to panic at the actual ceremony... it was horrible... but now I have summer courses starting up and i'm getting anxious about them too...

I just wanted to share my experiences with you, because I know how good it feels to know that there are others out there who go through the same things as you... just stay strong... it will get better!

bethnie_j
11-05-07, 20:47
yeh im emetophobic too..i think this is what makes them worse..because my main symptom is the feeling sick.. do you think i should pull out of college until i can cope better? xx

KLK1107
12-05-07, 06:39
yes that is my main symptom as well and it is horrible!... honestly, I don't know what to tell you to do... I know that I ended up pulling out for a semester and looked into online classes and that's how I graduated... if you can get there and get your work done and these panic attacks aren't interfering with it real bad I would say keep going, because like my mom always says " don't let panic disorder rule your life"... she has it to so she understands... but it is easier to say I am not gonna let this rule my life then actually not let it rule your life... maybe talk to a psychiatrist or psychologist and see what they think... I know how hard it is though to go to school with horrible panic attacks, so I am definately in no place to say "oh no you should stay in college and just deal with them" because it's not that easy... good luck though with whatever you decide to do... and if you ever need to talk let me know since we both seem to have the emetophobia and panic disorder going on...

Wenjoy
12-05-07, 18:25
Hang on in there - we have all been there and some of us are still going through thepanic - Ive had it for 24 years on and off and am now tackling it with various things- CBt which helped a bit, NLP which is helping me visualise happy things when I encounter a panic situation like a hot shop or hot cinema etc when Ijust want to run to the exit - and relaxation cds - not on any meds as am trying without - not easy when you hyperventilate just thinking about a situation that panics you!! Wenjoy xxx

KLK1107
12-05-07, 18:33
I agree with WenJoy about the relaxation cds... I didn't get the ones where the person is telling you what to do, but I did get a thunderstorm cd and an ocean cd and I play them as I fall asleep at night and I can tell you they really relax me... my fiance had to leave me yesterday during an attack to go to a final exam and I was freaking out... I layed down(which I never do because I always have that feeling like I have to run) and put on the thunderstorm cd... and it relaxed me a whole bunch... it's no cure I can tell you that, but every little thing helps...

up a ladder
12-05-07, 19:23
Hang on in there - we have all been there and some of us are still going through thepanic - Ive had it for 24 years on and off and am now tackling it with various things- CBt which helped a bit, NLP which is helping me visualise happy things when I encounter a panic situation like a hot shop or hot cinema etc when Ijust want to run to the exit - and relaxation cds - not on any meds as am trying without - not easy when you hyperventilate just thinking about a situation that panics you!! Wenjoy xxx
Wenjoy.

What is NLP?