PDA

View Full Version : lump ive had for 5-6 years

socksrox
28-06-17, 11:54
sorry im here again, but im always worrying about something these days.. ive had this small lump ( not really super hard but not really soft either.. its almost rubbery if you think about it. and its not really movable and the skin on top of it is darker.. its like a blurry mole, but its not a mole bc the lumps clearly under the skin ) on my upper back of my left arm for years ( i first found it when i was maybe in 7th grade, 11-12 years old at the latest and right now im 17 going on 18 ) and my parents kept refusing to take me to a doctor to see something about it bc they were convinced its nothing serious.

it hasnt grown at all in the time (it almost seems like it shrunk but i doubt it ) its been there and its mostly painless ( though the area and muscle around there/ that arm occasionally aches weirdly or feels tender). i stopped worrying about it a while ago but the worry is back after whats going on with my breast, since i think somehow the two can be related since its the left arm and the left breast.. like it's some type of terrible thing that spread to it when i left it there to grow

could it be some kind of really slow growing tumor? the skin on top is darker and i havent heard of tumors with something like that but its concerning me again.. i used to try and tell myself it was a cyst but i keep making the mistake of turning to doctor google for help

NancyW
28-06-17, 12:29
I have something like this on my forearm. My dermatologist said it's a dermatofibroma. It's a form of scar tissue. She said I could have had a mosquito bite there and this it how ot healed.
It will never go away.

worryingmum
28-06-17, 21:36
Hi
From what i understand malignant tumours grow that's the nature of them, to spread and grow to other areas of the body and so causing more and more symptoms as it does. I think you would of known about by now if it was cancerous because in 6 years there would of been changes to it in size at least.
Hope this helps a little.

---------- Post added at 20:36 ---------- Previous post was at 20:31 ----------

Hi
From what i understand malignant tumours grow that's the nature of them, to spread and grow to other areas of the body and so causing more and more symptoms as it does. I think you would of known about by now if it was cancerous because in 6 years there would of been changes to it in size at least.
Hope this helps a little.

Fishmanpa
28-06-17, 22:06
Hi

Yep...

Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts.

Positive thoughts