PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I've just joined this forum.

Shirl
28-06-17, 12:34
My name is Shirl. I'm married with two grown up children and a Springer Spaniel dog. I live in Scotland.
I've suffered from depression and anxiety for a long time but mostly it's been under control. I've been on anti depressants for years but was changed onto Duloxetine last year, as it's supposed to help chronic pain as well as depression and, as I have Fibromyalgia, it was thought it would help me. Which it has to some extent.
The anxiety I've suffered over the last number of years hasn't been bad and I was easily able to cope with it. However, on Friday evening last, I was hit, out of the blue, with really bad anxiety. At least I think that's what it is?
The only way I can describe it is, you know that 'dread' feeling you get if you've suddenly realised that you've lost your purse or something precious? Well it's like that, only much worse, and it's there constantly! It changes my perspective on everything, I've no patience for anything, I get annoyed by the stupidest little thing, noise is exaggerated etc. etc. It's a horrible feeling and I've no control over it. Also, a lot of the time I want to cry but don't know what for!
Does anyone else experience this? I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who does coz at the moment I feel so alone altho my husband is very supportive.

venusbluejeans
28-06-17, 12:41
Hiya Shirl and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Shirl
29-06-17, 23:01
Thank you