PDA

View Full Version : Head Pressure and now twitches

charliet123
28-06-17, 23:10
first of all i'm new to anxiety and had some health anxiety about 5 months ago, had some heart palpitations and anxiety attacks, but I went to the doctor and we agreed that it was anxiety and I felt a lot better.

recently its starting to come back though. It started with me noticing vision snow, if you dont know what that is its like static in your vision, but i realized ive had it all my life or at least as long as i can remember. This made me really anxious, because its something that doesn't go away and I can't control, at first when i was really anxious about it i felt my face go numb (only happened this once). I've actually gotten over this now and it doesn't bother me at all, I don't even notice it. But when I was anxious about it I did notice other vision problems, floaters and once I noticed double vision. I went to the eye doctor, my eyes were fine and the double vision came from some astigmatism, and I realized that if I can kind of do it on command if I want to by closing my eye really tight for a while which literally changes the shape of your eye and then you can see double, so whatever, I am not worried about my eyes any longer. However I did do some googling when I had vision problems (which was a mistake) and one of the things that could cause double vision was a brain tumor. I freaked out about this and read more about it and learned some of the symptoms and everything, and now I feel like I am slowly starting to develop said symptoms, it is so strange.

So I went to the eye doctor and I felt better about my eyes and he looked in my pupil and there was no pressure, so most likely no brain tumor. I was feeling pretty good for about a week, then i got this tension headache that has stayed with me for about 3-4 weeks. 1 week it came then it went for about 5 days, now it has come back and not left. very mild but sometimes there are pangs that can make it hurt. I feel like it is getting better but I still notice it everyday, and when I swallow i can almost always hear my ears pop as if I was on an airplane.

then last week i noticed that when i would go to bed i would twitch a bit, just like one limb or one hand at a time and they only would only twitch once and it would only happen like every 5 minutes. Now I'm noticing it happens when I sit down as well, whenever my muscles are relaxed. It mostly happens in my legs but can make my fingers or neck twitch as well and I feel like it is happening more and more often. maybe restless leg or myoclonus jerk.

also noticed that my jaw clicks when i open it all the way and it has been a little sore as well as my cheekbones. (TMJ?)

i feel like i keep losing my train of thought as well, has happened about 3 or 4 times, this month, maybe thats normal and i am too aware of it and always looking for it.

obviously im not asking for any professional medical advise on here, but are these normal symptoms of anxiety? I have a doctors appointment for next week that was scheduled a long time ago, just a normal physical. I'm most stressed about how long I've had this headache and now the twitching and the combination of those two things together. Also do you think I should schedule a doctors appointment sooner, it is scheduled 10 days from now, but I am so anxious to go because I'm too scared to google symptoms and I have a heard time talking to my mom about it because she also has health anxiety and when I tell her stuff about me it makes her anxious too, and I don't pay for my own health care, so if I made a doctors appointment for tomorrow it would cost like $200 of my parents money, at least it did last time, and especially if I got an mri or ct scan. We have health insurance but last time when I made my own doctors appointment when I was in college it ended up costing a lot and I don't want to go above my parents and charge them a whole bunch of money because I couldn't wait a few days. I just don't really understand how paying for doctors and insurance and all that stuff works and I'm scared to get a doctors appointment sooner because of that, and normally I could talk to my parents about it but I already know they will tell me to wait because I don't think they are taking my symptoms seriously and they just assume its anxiety or whatever (which it very well may be, or at least I hope so), because of what has happened the past two times with the heart thing and then the eye thing.

I feel like I should mention that I haven't slept well in a while, I think about my anxiety and rehearse what I should tell my doctor every night, and every night I have to get up ad stretch or almost take a break from trying to go so sleep because it is so hard and stressful and sometimes I feel weird when I lie down and the twitches kind of make me feel weird. I eat well and exercise though. I also have allergies and I could have a sinus infection or something that could cause some of these symptoms. I haven't really had much vertigo beside the first day of the headache. I've stopped obsessively googling things now but I used to do that.

Just uncertain of what to do and what to think about these symptoms and don't know who to talk to or who to ask about them.

TLDR:
- heart problems (just anxiety)
- eye problems (just anxiety)
- Head pressure/twitching/memory problems - (hopefully anxiety, worried that it is something worse)
- don't know if I should make a doctors appointment asap or wait 10 days